RiazShahid
Copying a modules contents/table

Hi All,
I was running xoops 2.0.17, now I have installed xoops 2.4.5 on another location.
I have Smart Section 2.13 installed and lot of articles added in it in my previous version of xoops. Please let me know how I can copy its contents to the newer version of xoops. Will I need to copy the old database or any table(s) from it and how to do this all.

Thanks for your help.

ghia
Re: Copying a modules contents/table
  • 2010/8/24 15:43

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

If the new one is a fresh install, consider transferring a copy of the old site (files + db) to the new server and then doing an upgrade of XOOPS.

RiazShahid

Thanks for your reply.
Tried to upgrade it already, but upgrade didn't worked for me. That's why I installed a fresh copy and I want to copy the stuff I need. Please guide how to copy Smart Section.

Mamba
  • 2010/8/24 17:01

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Tried to upgrade it already, but upgrade didn't worked for me.

What problems did you have? Normally there should be no problems with upgrade.

Tell us more...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

RiazShahid

Long story sir, i tried thrice, but I don't remember the exact problem now. And don't want to get into upgrade any more. Can you please send me advice on copying module instead of upgrade please.
But if its really hard to copy the module over there, then you will have to guide me step by step...............

ghia
  • 2010/8/24 23:39

• ghia

You could copy the module tables (see /mysql/mysql.sql), but that are not the only module data that you need. The other data are buried inside the other XOOPS database tables as for permissions, notifications, etc or even comments.
Some modules can cope with the lack of these data and recreate eg permissions etc, but some don't.
I still assume that making a copy of your old site and then upgrading XOOPS, would be the easiest way.

RiazShahid

making copy of old site........ will I have to download all things under "htdocs" folder or what?
Suggest me a link again for upgrading instructions.

ghia
  • 2010/8/25 6:06

• ghia

See this for moving XOOPS between servers.
The trust path are the xoops_lib and xoops_data directories.
The release notes you find in the article that announces 2.4.5 in the News section (follow get xoops 2.4.5), and describe the upgrade procedures.

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits