nmshah
List of existing hacks that are not comtabile with the current xoops version
  • 2010/8/4 11:51

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/7/2 8

In a couple of weeks I should have some free time during which I will try to make certain old hacks that made xoops better compatible with the current version of xoops.

So If I can have a list of and links to these hacks that most people will like to have updated for xoops 2.4.5.

Also my knowledge in php is to say the least limited but will try to compare the files of the older xoops with the current xoops with the hacked version.

Also if someone can help me understand how updating these hacks for future versions of xoops can be made easier...

ghia
Re: List of existing hacks that are not comtabile with the current xoops version
  • 2010/8/4 13:04

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

It is handy when you have the original file available. This allows to see the added code by comparing the original with the hacked file. Sometimes the modifications are indicated by 'start / end of hack by xxxxx'.
Identify the locations of the hacks by comparing the file of the current / latest XOOPS version with the original and find the insert points. Check also if other differences may not have influence on the hacked code.
Example comment by name for anonymous by Dugris.

nmshah
Re: List of existing hacks that are not comtabile with the current xoops version
  • 2010/8/4 14:37

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

Thanks Ghia, i had made the same hack compatible for xoops 2.4 RC but stopped working post 2.4 final. And I had done exactly as you mentioned.

I need to know is there a way to incorporate these hacks in a way where updating these hacks with xoops core update becomes easier.
As updating the same hack after every xoops core update will be difficult. It also acts as a demotivating factor for people to update to the latest version of xoops if the hack is really important for the site and is working with a previous core version.

nmshah
  • 2010/8/16 5:27

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

Comment hack updated for xoops 2.4.5

I have tested it on my local server and it works fine. Kindly test and let me know. Also backup all your files before applying this to a live site.

Download here

Any other hack that needs to be updated for xoops 2.4.5, kindly let me know.

ghia
  • 2010/8/16 22:42

• ghia

The link is not working here.

nmshah
  • 2010/8/16 23:48

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

I think there were some issues with the server. Its working now

nmshah
  • 2010/8/19 13:59

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

Any other hack that i can update for xoops 2.4.5

ghia
  • 2010/8/19 15:45

• ghia

Quote:
I think there were some issues with the server. Its working now
Still no luck here.

nmshah
  • 2010/8/19 21:42

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

@Ghia the link is working here, I am not sure why u are not able to access it. Anyways I have sent u an email with the hack. Let me know once u check it

playsome
  • 2010/8/20 1:02

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Quote:
Any other hack that i can update for xoops 2.4.5

I would like to see this hack updated https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4569 its a jquery quick comment hack, according to the comments in the article it does not work with 2.4.4+

I would also like to see comments system hacked to exclude the xoops toolbars(smilies, etc) i think just having aplain text field is sufficiant.

Ultimatley this should be included in the core, hopefully in future versions.

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits