ghia
Re: [img] disable left right alignment
  • 2010/6/15 10:53

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Yes, I think it is a bug in that editor. It should generate code in the order as to be interpreted by the textsanitizer.

madDan
  • 2010/6/15 15:10

• madDan

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2010/1/6 1

I was going to submit it but in previewing the text to make sure it was clear on here in preview it appears to function correctly.

Does this version of xoops software have some fixes already applied or is it the theme that is handlng the display layout? within a post or article?

If you use the image submussion button Resized Image and make use of the alignment and width options if using indivdual options it is okay, when using the alignment option and width options together the formatting of the images and text in the posted text gets messed up.

An example follows using the standard image submission tool, along with some text

1 image no width but left aligned

Resized Image
text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah

2 images left aligned no width option

Resized ImageResized Image
text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah text bleh blah

2 images with width options & left aligned

Resized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized Image

As you can see it works fine on here in the original order that the editor creates, something is obviously fixed on here but not on the normal release 2.4.4

whereas my production site displays it like this

Resized Image

ghia
  • 2010/6/15 19:52

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

It is a theme CSS thing
These images are generated with a class="left", wich mean that the actual setting to the left is done by CSS, eg in Zetagenesis
img.left {
clear:left;
float:left;
margin:2px 6px 2px 0;
text-align:left;
}
The clear: left is that makes it start every image on the left margin.
In this WOX theme, there are no such rules and therefore the images aligned to the right stay left:
Resized ImageResized Image

One can discuss on what a left or right aligned image mean:
- Is it aligned to the left/right margin?
- Is it aligned to whatever was before / after? (And then what does count? other images, texts, frames, ...)

Here the first solution was choosen, also because the second leaves too many possibilities.

madDan
  • 2010/6/15 20:36

• madDan

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2010/1/6 1

so really I should address this in the theme - righty ho!

(Wondering what else I'll break )

Left align pulls every thing left towards the left margin as I understand it!

Login

Who's Online

113 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 113

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits