infomoz
How to update a module on xoops repository??
  • 2010/6/14 23:17

• infomoz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/26

Hiii everyone, me again!

I have created and published some modules for xoops. Now i want to update, upgrade these plugins here in the repositories, but i can't find the link to edit the module page here in xoops repository module. So, how can i change the link of my modules to point to the location of the up-to-date version of the module????

ghia
Re: How to update a module on xoops repository??
  • 2010/6/15 8:14

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Just submit the new versions as new items.

infomoz
  • 2010/6/15 13:01

• infomoz

• Just popping in

But it will cause a redundancy on the repositories!!!! Or not???

mboyden
  • 2010/6/15 13:57

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Yes, it will create a new entry.

I have to question how good an idea it is to have multiple versions in the repository. It will generally pollute the overall value IMHO because when you find a module, then you have to find the other 7 versions that have been posted and make sure you have the latest one. That's assuming that when we have 10 versions of each news module, you can find the one you want to use.

For an easy to use CMS, I don't think we want such a user-vicious repository.

That said, there may be reason to have more than one version available in the repository if you have one for the 2.0.x version and one for 2.3.x or later. However, I think we ought to break those out somehow in categories or areas instead to make it clear.

I know there is some effort going on to redo the repository interface which may help in the future, but don't know the details other than it is somewhat imminent.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

infomoz
  • 2010/6/15 14:06

• infomoz

• Just popping in

Definitively wf-downloads is not a good solution of module to create a modules repository for XOOPS...

Why not developing a special module just for this case, with entry editing functionality and others???

just like Wordpress plugin repository or something else....

Keeping multiple versions of some module online and at the same level will cause problems for many users who just want to find the last version of the module, wich is aparently the most stable version

Mamba
  • 2010/6/15 14:07

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Just PM me the link to your module in the repository, and a link to download with the new version number, and I'll update it.

It's better to have only one version of your module
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

infomoz
  • 2010/6/15 14:37

• infomoz

• Just popping in

Okay Mamba, i will do that....

But you should let users to be able to update their own modules, to avoid this embarassing of sending PM every time we need to update our work

sailjapan

Quote:
But you should let users to be able to update their own modules, to avoid this embarassing of sending PM every time we need to update our work

Making it easy might also encourage mod devs to update their own entries here on xo. Save mamba or whoever some work too.

I'll second infomoz's call for mod devs willing to build/modify a new repository mod. Any takers?
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 159

vamptrix,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!