TDE-Drums
XHelp Pop email Not working - Cron help
  • 2010/6/14 17:32

• TDE-Drums

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/6/14

We are running 2.4.4 recently installed with a variety of modules all working and tested.

The last piece of the puzzle is getting the POP3 system set up with Xhelp, a great module, without a developer it looks like.

We have studied what documentation is available and this is what is happening.

1. Email is set up in the Management System and when it is verified, it shows that it is working.

2. Cron Job has been started and all reports from the host and the email sent show that the cron is working correctly and calling the file.

3. We tried using the cron from the developer and that did not work for us, so our host created this cron for us.

Here is the host provided cron

wget -O --qhttp://www.drumquestion.com......./checkemail.php

Here is the server response.

--11:00:04--http://www.drumquestion.com.....
=> `--q'
Resolving www.drumquestion.com... 74.220.215.201
Connecting to www.drumquestion.com|74.220.215.201|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]

0K 33.18 MB/s

11:00:05 (33.18 MB/s) - `--q' saved [308]

I was under the impression that it would allow us to send an email to the specified address and once the cron was activated it would find the email and lock it into the xhelp system as a pending help topic.

My host says the cron is working, but our xoop xhelp does not find the email and does not lock it in the system.

I'm sorry of this is not the best place for this, but I have searched Google and Xoops for help and I'm at a loss.

Thanks

I added the (.......) in the paths, so the links would not get picked up by google.

ghia
Re: XHelp Pop email Not working - Cron help
  • 2010/6/14 22:33

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Does it work when you goto checkmail.php from within your browser, when logged in / off on your site?

TDE-Drums
  • 2010/6/15 1:52

• TDE-Drums

• Just popping in

I did try that last night, but read somewhere online that calling the file from the web side will not work and that it needed by done server side.

So I'm not sure exactly where to turn or what to do.

When I go from the web directly I get this:

Notice: Undefined index: xoops in /home1/........../........../drumquestion/class/logger.php on line 34

Fatal error: Call to a member function path() on a non-object in /home1/........./........./drumquestion/class/logger.php on line 34

Thanks for any help with this

David

ghia
  • 2010/6/15 8:47

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Humm, seems there is an old logger class used in servicemain.php
Try by replacing
include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/class/logger.php';
with
include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/class/logger/xoopslogger.php';
and
$xoopsLogger =& XoopsLogger::instance();
$xoopsLogger->startTime();
with
$xoopsLogger =& XoopsLogger::getInstance();
$xoopsLogger->activated true;

Peekay
  • 2010/6/15 9:16

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

If you are not manning your help desk daily and want admin to receive email notifications about ticket status, you need to double-check that this actually works.

I don't know which version you have, but I tried Xhelp 0.78 several years ago and although an email notification was received on new ticket creation, it was not received on user ticket update (which is pretty important really).

It may have been fixed. Just a heads-up
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

TDE-Drums
  • 2010/6/15 13:41

• TDE-Drums

• Just popping in

Ok thanks I tried the new lines of code, then call the script from my browser and a new error comes up.

Notice: Undefined index: xoops in /home1/........./drumquestion/class/xoopsuser.php on line 29

Fatal error: Call to a member function path() on a non-object in /home1/.........../drumquestion/class/xoopsuser.php on line 29

Maybe it is my version? My xhelp is version .78. When I try and update the module it says I have the latest version.

We are getting email notifications when a ticket is submitted through the system and created by a user.

David

Peekay
  • 2010/6/15 14:55

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:
We are getting email notifications when a ticket is submitted through the system and created by a user.

Yes, I found that you get an email on ticket creation, but after I had replied there were no further email notifications when the user updated the ticket by adding another comment.

I was out of the office a lot and hoped that by checking my email on my mobile phone I could see if a response had been posted.

I must admit I never tried setting up the email support feature using cron.

TDE-Drums
  • 2010/6/15 18:07

• TDE-Drums

• Just popping in

I will check in to that.

I just noticed also that the non-registered activation email that is generated when a non-registered user submits a ticket is no longer working.

They get the email, but when you click on the link to activate the account, it goes to the main new account screen.

It used to show a white page and "Your Account Has Now Been Activated".

I'm kind of at a loss.

I just turned off all active modules that were not being used.

Here are the modules I have installed:

System V2- Active
Private Messaging V1.03 - Active
User Profile V 1.57- Does not work when turned on
Protector V3.4- Active
FAQ v1.08- Active
Multi Menu - Disabled
My Album v2.84- Active
Site Statistics v.45 - active
XHelp v.78- Active
DMS - Documents - Disabled
Web Links V1.95- Active
Forum v2.02- Active
Ads for Xoop V2.5- Active
Newsletter - Disabled
Smart Object Framework V.8- Active
Happy Linux Framework V1.5 - Active

Thanks

Peekay
  • 2010/6/15 19:02

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

The only thing I can suggest is to un-install all the other modules (de-activate first) and start a fresh with Xoops and Xhelp until you get it working.

Turn on Xoops debug and see if there are any warnings or notices that might offer a clue. Disable the Protector module too (temporarily) at least while you are debugging.

To be honest, I doubt that it is a module conflict. Xhelp is circa 2005. It may use code that is incompatible with Xoops 2.4.4, or PHP 5, or your MySQL version. Sadly, as you know, the module is no longer supported by the developer.

Hopefully an Xhelp user will see this thread and post a fix, however, it is quite possible that the email support feature may never have actually worked properly in the first place!

TDE-Drums
  • 2010/6/15 19:25

• TDE-Drums

• Just popping in

I agree with you on that. Everything else is working fine and there are no other problems. So I agree that it is probably the module/conflict

I can work around the issues temporarily and hopefully something will be updated shortly.

I'm a new Xoops user and can go module by module as to how it worked and what I needed to do to get it to work.

The forum search helped me trouble shoot my original log-in issue and the problem was with the user profile module, so I turned it off and the problem went away, but there was no fix or solution to get it working.

There were also problems with the link system modules which I tried to install. After much Googling and searching the forum I found a way to make one of them work.

So the XHelp is the last piece to the puzzle and the main reason we picked Xoops. I did not investigate early on that it was not supported so that was my fault.

The other main reason was that I was under the impression that Xhelp also allowed us to turn a ticket into an FAQ and I have never seen that option or feature.

So, we really wanted this working 100% before we went live and these two issues are holding the project back.

As a non-programmer, my hands are tied.

Thanks

David

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits