MySQL Version: 5.1.46-log
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache
Operating System: Linux
Theme you are using: Not sure. That's part of the problem
Custom template: (Yes/No) NO
PHP Debug Messages:
MySQL Debug Messages:
Smarty Debug Messages:
User Experience Level: Noobie. Just got a book on php from the library, light HTML ability.

About the two zip files:
xoopsmodinfo.zip and xoopsscriptinfo.zip are both empty files, and the links say the file doesn't exist

A full description of the issue:

Please help me. I'm pretty shafted here. I'm having what I think is a theme related problem, but regardless of what it is, I can't see anything but whitepace on my top page. If I go to the admin.php to log in to my administrator account, I get a XOOPS error saying I don't have permission to veiw that page then I get redirected to a blank, white page. I've also tried browsing to user.php but that page is blank as well, and I cn't think of anything else I can do to get a login screen or even the block so I can gain access to my site and try to correct the issues. The worst part of this is, if I wasn't having a theme issue and could see the login block on teh top page, I wouldn't have a problem. (Unless i really SCREWED UP and borked the permissions to that block) I could just log in and fix the issue. BUT, I can't see anything and my usual method is permission restricted.

I still have FTP access to everything, so is there a doument in teh XOOPS system that i can download, modify and upload so I can regain access or maybe change what theme is used (Force the site to use the default theme)? do I need to change a record in the Database?

I'm a Noobie, with just a little HTML under my belt and no experience with sql or php, so please dummy down any advice.
Thank you!

mboyden
Re: Don't have permission to view admin.php
  • 2010/6/8 17:03

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Yes, start with a default theme. You can make the change in the database. Table is XOOPSPREFIX_config, find the one where conf_name is theme_set, set the conf_value to either default or zetagenesis and try again.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

par14h
  • 2010/6/8 19:07

• par14h

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/2/24

YES! I am IN! Thank you, Mboyden!

Do you have any idea WHY this happens?

ghia
  • 2010/6/8 19:51

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Which theme did you use to get into trouble?
Did you make modifications on it?

par14h
  • 2010/6/9 2:27

• par14h

• Just popping in

The troublemaking theme was 7dana-round and I have made no modifications to anything, save adding a themes block to the All Pages category in the Left side #4 position (Which I have since removed the block until I can get this figured out.)

New problem is it's happening again, with the default theme now. I was runing through the themes and suddenly the front end pages went blank again. The back end theme is Orange and seems to work fine as ling as my 'puter keeps the session cookie.

I went back into the Database and the theme is still set to default. I've since deleted ALL the themes 'cept default (again) but this is still out of control.

Is Xoops 2.4.4 allergic to 3 column themes? Shall I switch everything over to 2 column? is the default template broken somehow? Heck, I didn't look at the code in the default template without making a copy and looking at that just to make sure I didn't screw someting up.

Edit: Had a high fever last night. Came back and made some spelling corrections and replaced a "module" with "Block" in the first paragraph.

DonCurioso

Hi par14h,
give a PM with user & pass with admin rights to check it inside.

Regards
HispaXoops | Xoops EspaƱa

That's the way i like it! | Nada mejor que una Alhambra bien helada con aceitunas...

par14h
  • 2010/6/13 19:59

• par14h

• Just popping in

I need to close this thread. THe original problem I had not being able to view admin.php was in the fact that there was no cookie on my system showing that i should be logged in, and since my top page was showing as a blank page there was no way to log in. I Utilized information in this thread to get in and replaced the Profile module with the Extended Profiles Module and that cured my issues with logging into the site as I need to.

The remaining issue is in the fact that In spite of what I set the Default Theme as, my top page tends to just, well, Dissappear. No THeme trimmings, no login block, just nothing. THere are times when I set the only usable theme to Default and that restires teh Top page, but not always. There are times when I add blocks to populate the top page and that breaks the page as well.

I'm going to continue this issue on this thread over here because with ExtendedProfiles this particular issue is resolved.

Thanks!
par14h

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits