rgauci
when logged in the home page gives a blank white page
  • 2010/6/3 12:05

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/8/31

When I am logged in as the webmaster the home page that normally comes on results to a blank white page.

I have to do this www.mydomain.com/admin.php to go into my Administration Panel. I can work okay here with no problems until from the Control Panel I click to go to Home page. Here again it gives me a blank white Page.

On the home page I have as block modules:
Publisher > In the Spotlight
My Tabs > My Tabs Block with around 5 tabs
Custom Blocks > 5 with just banners linking to the articles

I am using xoops v2.4.4 PHP5 etc

Is this has to do with the Users Sessions in the database?

Be Set FREE!

mariane
Re: when logged in the home page gives a blank white page
  • 2010/6/3 18:41

• mariane

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/1/11

go to admin.php then preferences, then choose edit general settings and activate the debug mode, by this way you can know witch error you have in the home page, maybe the error in the theme used
the road of success is always under construction

rgauci
  • 2010/6/3 19:13

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

I tried that but remember that once a blank page comes up there is no source code to show.

Anyway I think its a sessions problem, because I went into my phpadmin and cleared the sessions table. IT is working now until the sessions table builds up again.

Is this a problem with xoops 2.4.4 because earlier verisons never gave me this problem.

Is there some readings on sessions and how they work?
Be Set FREE!

rgauci
  • 2010/6/4 16:29

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

I cannot figure this out.
Again after some hours and around 120 queries in the sessions database still gives me a blank white page when I am logged in.

I have deleted a block (latest news of one of Publisher) and it was working fine again, no problems but then I need this block to be on the home page.

Any clues please?
Be Set FREE!

culex
  • 2010/6/4 18:28

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

I havent experienced any problems with 2.4.4 like this or even before. Only thing I can think of is some old functions being called that are no longer used with 2.4.4 (admin view in a module / block)

If anything try to make invisible all the modules only showing admin & user menu and then work your way forward one block at the time to see if this make any difference.
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

rgauci
  • 2010/6/4 19:33

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

Hi culex

even I haven't experienced any like this and i have been using xoops for some years now.

As said earlier when I reduce the amount of blocks on the home page the blank page disappears as if xoops is limited on how many blocks you couold have.

but saying this it could also be a particular module. The funny thing is that why I am away from login in the site for a few hours and then I login and do the updates it works fine, no blank page when I go back to the home page.

I have cleared sessions from myadminPHP
I am not using Protector either although with Protector it also gave the problem.

Finally if this makes sense I am using Defacer to switch from one theme to the other.

This is so weird finally do you suggest I go back say to xoops 2.3.3 bearing in mind that the modules could work better under this version?
Be Set FREE!

culex
  • 2010/6/8 8:44

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

We had this problem in xoopsnordic a few years ago. I couldn't keep connected in the site but found if I choose a different theme than the default at the page everything was fine.

I dont know exactely why, but we tryed everything from changing session name (custom sessions) to clearing caches and checking for javascript errors, but solution in the end was that my browser (FF) apparently didnt like the new theme there.
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits