wishcraft
Letters from Impress.CMS

This letter came from Tim from ImpressCMS they contact me from time to time as I am always neutral and kicked into xoops much after this letter..

Quote:
I have no intention to cause a flame war or pour oil onto the current issues, I'd rather Mamba not know of my contact but that said I couldn't careless if he does find out. lol. These are my thoughts, based on my experiences with the ranker and his commander in chief DJ.

I hope you forgive the fact I'm e-mailing you out of the blue and that you don't see this as a unwelcome intrusion. I know we've never really spoken much in the past. I'm also aware that I may have said some harsh words in public over the last few years since we split from XOOPS but this down to the fact that Mamba and DJ are poisonous and the people who aligned themselves with these people were also potential threats to the integrity of my friends and colleges not to mention our newly formed ?????.

I read in your recent post:

Quote:
" That like the other admin don't contribute only cause problems like the one we saw in 2006, 2003 and so on"

I just wanted to mention that this wasn't always the case and that in fact a lot of what you know about past project managers and team members is in fact fact fabricated by Mamba and DJ to present people in an nasty and most unfair light.

Mamba and DJ essentially stole the project from us as we were forming a new managment, we chose DJ to head up development at that time, not to run the project however he locked us out and this is when their personal hate campaign was targeted against us.

The so called "hack" intrusion by JMorris was simply an attempt to regain rightful control of the project so we could continue to make it open and in the spirit of the community just like we've succeeded with ?????. It wasn't to bring XOOPS down, they'd already done this by stealing control.

I don't cover all bases here, the story is far more in depth and goes onto how Mamba and DJ would edit and censor our posts to make us appear aggressive, nasty and vindictive, this was why most of us just quit trying to show the community what they had done because it simply did no good and was killing XOOPS and our reputations. I'm supprised he hasn't done the same here, however I think its because he knows that he needs you guys as without you, there is no XOOPS development!

Herko despite what you think, is the one of the main people responsible for make XOOPS so well known and popular, he did a lot of good for XOOPS. Fair enough he made some mistakes, we're all just human though and he apologized when he was wrong and continued to try and fix the problem, even when under constant fire.

Mamba had his family bank accounts locked up making Herko's family suffer personally for Mamba and DJs personal hate campaigns. And if you know the full story, fact for fact then I'm sure you would agree that nothing illegal or untoward was done in relation to what Mamba was claiming.

Anyway you may with to read something I wrote:

http://bassmanthemes.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=52

In this article I suggest that is possible for our projects to reunite and join forces again, I spoke to a few people at ICMS and they all agreed that if Mamba and DJ were leave then a reunion could be possible under the right circumstances. No one here has any issues with anyone else at XOOPS, bygones could be bygones and friends could reunite again. Its a definite possibility that would need more discussion should the opportunity arise.

Failing that, if they still left and new XOOPS management was formed then we would just be grateful for an end to all this hassle over the years.

There is a real opportunity for XOOPS here, but even if Sourceforge removed them I don't think you have control of the domain name. This could be a real issue.

If they stay in power and developers want to leave (or even if they choose to stay also), then I would like to extend a warm welcome to you and any other developers who might wish to invest their time in ?????. You would be welcome to join us, you could have access to submit the code you wish. We do of course have a project manager who ultimately decides on the roadmap but this is to control the quality of code and to ensure or at least try to avoid potential release issues, that being said we make the decisions as a team and when something needs to be discussed with relation to code, it is. sometimes in campfire, sometimes on a mailing list.

Regardless of what happens I truely hope XOOPS can recover from this, even though I've been made an outcast by DJ and Mamba I still have much love for the project and its community.

And regardless of what you do, XOOPS, ?????, or something else, my door is always open should you wish to drop me an e-mail from time to time.

Once again I hope you forgive the intrusion, oh and any typo's, I'm a family man and have to go out soon to pick my mother up from Bingo whilst the wife has dinner on, so I kind of had steam coming from the keyboard as I bashed this e-mail out. lol

I wish you all the best.

T.B.

Mon 5/24/2010 12:36 AM
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

aph3x
Re: Letters from Impress.CMS
  • 2010/6/2 15:43

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

Riight,

I'm not even going to read the content of above nor defend any of the parts

But isn't this a breach of any decent community rules?

Isn't posting conversations/e-mails/whatever else which are meant to be private, forbidden?

There are lines which shouldn't be cross, but what do I know.
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

Burning
  • 2010/6/2 15:44

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi' Simon

Xoops.org forums are not the right place for that. Xoops.org is a support site for users of xoops.

What exactly are you looking for ? Making you ban?

If yes could I suggest a new avatar ?
Resized Image

Still learning CSS and... english

belia
  • 2010/6/2 15:50

• belia

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/12/18

lol.....

viva xoops

kris_fr
  • 2010/6/2 15:53

• kris_fr

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2005/12/31

personal letter that has nothing to do on Xoops.org

kris

wishcraft

Well it is the members lounge I can bring up what I like to in the members lounge.. Normally I would have to poster with the header the number of New Password Requests I have done just to use the xoops.org forum.

I really don't have time for forum junkies like the people writing or receiving this. I thought it would be important to the xoops community anyway... Seeming it was from one of there long time developers who now develops icms

Interesting sounds almost like an invite to develop with more mature individuals. Go on ban me and who will be left to develop for the community.

I am sick of this ????? anyway, i was asked to notify people when i was contacted by ImpresscmS by mamba.. Well after what mamba has made himself prosecutable by there will be Nor XOOPS Foundation LLC cause there wont even be a house like [edited], anyway as it will be sued into the ground. and michael will be left the Hobo he started. After all the quotable references on this lawyer who is one of my employers desktop.
Resized Image

aph3x
  • 2010/6/2 16:08

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

Oky wishcraft!

Since its a lounge then I can post anything right?

Mind explain to the community why you caught in the argument sent an invoice to xoops foundation charging them for the work you did on the core?

Is THIS where the donations are going, no?

Should I also post the emails that preceded/followed you sending this to xoops devs, no?

But hey its a member's lounge so members DO deserve to see what kind of people are developing for them right?

Like you I thought people should know!
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

belia
  • 2010/6/2 16:20

• belia

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/12/18

please dont delete this topic

wishcraft

What donation, I haven't been offered a donation from the xoops community ever so apart from those one or two clients that have donated I appericate there commitment to the time I have invested into xoops.

That invoice was cancelled it didn't have to be and it is perfectly legislatable that I am employeed by XOOPS Foundation LLC like you aph3x, btw. aphex twin as an artist is crap.

Anyway, I am tired of the infighting as well, I have to recoup my costs as well.. Seeming the amicable level of people taking responsibility is 0% and anyone who really decided to do anything and take action was...

Who was it to suggest a theme competition - Me, who planned all the changes in 2.4.x series that got rave reviews... me, who has in the history of posting for over 6 months was the only person posting new things for xoops to try and attract a new crowd back in 2007/2008, me.

Really aph3x I am not here for browny points as a developer, I just want to see this product not missing half the structural things and design flaws where xoops is structured for something but it hasn't been implemented, after getting it reviewed by a team of analysts you can see the missing things being finally rounded off in 2.6.x series where you have the planning document.

Resized Image

phppp
  • 2010/6/2 16:31

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

wishcraft,

do you mind posting the emails in core deve list I told you that developing XOOPS core is not about piling up bunch of code again and again?

do you mind posting the emails in core dev list I told you how to use SVN again and again and again?

do you mind posting the emails in module dev list I just sent you about respecting other developer not taking our their modules?

do you mind posting the emails in module dev list mamba asked you why you removed trabis name from a file and put your name there for ONLY cosmetic changes? And the module's original author is phppp or D.J., the guy you are blaming. You took over this module and released a version without talking to him at all.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, STOP PLEASE!

I personally request a ban for such behavior.

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits