sailjapan
Re: Possibility to upgrade from Xoops 2.2.x into 2.4.x

Short answer: Yes.

Read the release notes in the 2.4.4 download

Quote:
Upgrading from XOOPS 2.0.* above 2.0.14 and 2.2.* (using the full package)
0. Unpack the archive to your LOCAL computer (e.g. PC) in a temporary directory.
1. Move the "upgrade" folder inside the "htdocs" folder (it's been kept out as it's not needed for full installs) on your local computer
2. Delete htdocs/mainfile.php, htdocs/install/, htdocs/cache/, htdocs/template_c/, htdocs/themes/ and htdocs/uploads/ from the "htdocs" folder on your LOCAL computer
* if you have created XOOPS_TRUST_PATH folder on your server, copy the content of /xoops_lib to that directory, and delete /xoops_lib from the "htdocs" folder on your LOCAL computer
3. Upload the content of the /htdocs folder on your LOCAL computer over your existing files on your server
4. For security considerations, you are encouraged to move directories xoops_lib (for XOOPS libraries) and xoops_data (for XOOPS data) out of Document Root, and change the folder names.
5. Make the directory of xoops_data/ writable; Create and make the directories of xoops_data/caches/, xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache/, xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache/ and xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/ writable.
6. Ensure the server can write to mainfile.php (permission 0777 on Linux)
7. If you have Protector previously installed, open the "mainfile.php" file , and remove the Pre-check and Post-check lines (if they exist):

include XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php' ;
include XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/postcheck.inc.php' ;

8. Access <your.site.url>/upgrade/ with a browser, and follow the instructions
9. Follow the instructions to update your database
10. Write-protect mainfile.php again (permission 0444 on Linux)
11. Delete the "upgrade" folder from your server
12. Update the "system" module from the modules administration interface, other modules are recommended to update as well

Don't forget that some of your modules might not work in their past incarnation. make sure all modules are upgraded in advance!

And finally, don't forget the all important pre-doing-anything back ups!!

harlis
Re: Possibility to upgrade from Xoops 2.2.x into 2.4.x
  • 2010/3/19 1:47

• harlis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/24

Hi sailjapan,

Poor me, why I didn't read the release notes... I only checked the upgrade folder, and I can not find any folder mentioned about upgrade from 2.2.x into 2.4.x

Will try that first in my PC before upgrade it in my website.

Thanks a lot....
I'll be back with the result

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits