bjuti
Re: Gallery (Optikool) - Cannot create categories or collections
  • 2010/3/6 14:22

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

You can't download it, still :) But I work on it, coz maybe I'll change something about it. I will show you the beta version via PM. :)

BTW. It would be nice to make project: 'TABLES2DIVS'. I could contribute some.

optikool
  • 2010/3/7 22:53

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/26

@sailjapan I'm thinking to add the ability to turn off automatically adding gallery collections so that you can add them manually. One of the reasons I had this feature was because on my personal websites I have over 150 collections and I don't have time, nor the patience to add these manually. I'm also going to add the ability to create categories manually for people that don't want to use the folder structure approach.

I probably wont get to it though until next month or the month after as I'm currently working on a movie component, modules and plug-ins for Joomla to go with the gallery component I'm creating and testing on my wife's site, maesworld.com.

I might also look for a way around the issue my gallery has with protector so I can do away with generating thumbnails all together. This would solve the main problem everybody seems to be having.

@bjuti It's nice that you are continuing the MyAlbum-P project though when made your latest version known, it would have been nice if the module was available to try. But it's nice to see new gallery modules becoming available because one of the main reasons why I created my module was because all I wanted was a gallery.... not a gallery with a build in social network system.

Optikool

sailjapan

@opticool: All sounds good. Thanks for the update.

mrphilong
  • 2010/3/14 8:57

• mrphilong

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/7/14

UTF-8 characters are not display correct in title field.

bjuti
  • 2010/3/14 10:33

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Quote:
@bjuti It's nice that you are continuing the MyAlbum-P project though when made your latest version known, it would have been nice if the module was available to try. But it's nice to see new gallery modules becoming available because one of the main reasons why I created my module was because all I wanted was a gallery.... not a gallery with a build in social network system.

I'm not continuing the project coz I'm not developer, but I implement some well known hacks and rewriting templates, tables to divs, adding lightbox galleries etc.

It would be nice someone who is programer to continue developing myalbum-p because it's easy, fast and great gallery.

mrphilong
  • 2010/3/14 11:55

• mrphilong

• Quite a regular

I've got more errors when click on Permission:

Warningarray_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 140

Warning
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 140

Warning
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 269

Warning
array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 282

Warning
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 282

Warning
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 269

Warning
array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 282

Warning
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 282

Warning

Warning

Warning

Warning

Warning

Warning

Warning

Warning

Warning

Warning

Warning

Warning

Warning

Warning

Warning

Warning

Warning

Warning

Set Permission doesn't work, only admin has access to see photos.

mrphilong
Re: Gallery (Optikool) - Permission problem
  • 2010/3/17 0:29

• mrphilong

• Quite a regular

^ Bump

optikool
  • 2010/7/12 19:15

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

Hey Guys and Girls,

Last week I finished everything I planned to add to my XGallery component for Joomla which you can see on my website. Now I will turn my attention to Gallery 2 that I created a while back. I see that there are a lot of problems, and after looking through the code, I decided to do a rewrite of this module. I plan to bring over as much functionality as I can from my Joomla component to the module redesign. In the new design, you will create your own categories. This will simplify things greatly. I'm thinking to also change the way you choose collections. You will still see a form to fill out, but you will need to upload a zip file of images or a single image if you currently have a collection setup. If Protector plays nicely, I'm thinking of adding a feature to allow you to store your gallery outside of document root. The two views that I will start off will use the Shadowbox Popup effect or Gallerific for embedded view. Descriptions, hit counter will also be included on category and collections.

If there are any additional you'd like to see post a comment. I expect this to take a month or two, depending on how much of the code I will rewrite.

Thanks
Optikool

Mamba
  • 2010/7/12 19:42

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

The only thing that I would like to see is to have each album in a separate directory. I have over 50,000 pictures, and the right album/sub-album tree structure is very important to me for obvious reasons
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

optikool
  • 2010/7/12 19:50

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

What I will probably do it add a text box that allows your to specify a path relative to your gallery location that leads to that particular collection. This will be for those people that used ftp to upload their collection of image, like me, or those people that already have their gallery structure setup. This shouldn't impact anybody that is currently using Gallery 2.

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits