Dylian
Re: xForms 1.0 (Rewritten)
  • 2010/2/2 21:42

• Dylian

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/7/21

Ok, fixed the problem with "Add Question". (I hope )

And i decided to keep using PEAR MDB2, since changing the functions to their XOOPS equalivant is consuming more time than I wanted...

Does someone here have experience in porting PEAR MDB2 based code to XOOPS and willing to help me out? If not I'll leave it as it is, since it's not really necessary for the module to work properly .

Greets Dylian.

BTW Sorry that i didn't respond earlier but i was busy moving my personal website (fromhttp://home.dylian.melgert.net tohttp://me.dylian.eu)

chefry
  • 2010/2/28 19:41

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

This sounds GREAT!!!!

How is the development going?

Can it be used yet?

Did the mail problem get fixed?

Dylian
  • 2010/2/28 19:54

• Dylian

• Friend of XOOPS

The module isn't finished yet, and shouldn't be used on public website yet.

I'm currently very busy with school, so further development of the module is currently stopped. Next week (or this week,, deppending on what you see as the first day of the week ) i have practice exams and after that i'll continue the development .

So please have patience...

Greets Dylian.

Dylian
  • 2010/3/7 9:42

• Dylian

• Friend of XOOPS

Ok,, as promised I've continued the development of xForms. Yesterday i added a page to show the responds (Just click on the "export" link for a form and you'll see it,, later on I'll replace this with a "responds" link ).

And today i'll start adding the xoops(multi)mailer.

[edit]
Ok, mailer is added now and seems to work fine . (Although the layout of the mail could be better )
The only thing that i still need to add is the preload that creates a smarty tag for loading a form in any page you want . (I hope this also explains why i didn't create a main page )
[/edit]

Greets Dylian.

BTW Please upgrade to the latest version found [HERE], and tell me what you think must be fixed before the first RTT (beta) release. ([HERE] you can check if you run the latest version.)

msxgamesbox

Hi Dylian,

First many thanks for offering such a good module - it's a very important one in my web projects (company intranet).
However, I am missing one major feature that would make it perfect. Would it be possible to include a 2 or 3 level categorization of forms?
For instance I am running a dozen forms that I'd like to categorize.

What do you think?

peterr
  • 2010/3/10 10:40

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

Hi Dylian,

Can you please take a look at this post on XForms sending emails twice

Dylian
  • 2010/3/10 13:30

• Dylian

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
However, I am missing one major feature that would make it perfect. Would it be possible to include a 2 or 3 level categorization of forms?

Yes you could do this by using a content modules that allows categorization.

Because xForms itself will not get a user area. It will only allow you to insert a bbcode/smarty tag (Haven't decided what to use yet) where ever you want to display a form. So for example in a categorized content page .

Greets Dylian.

BTW I think i'll go for a bbcode kind of tag like: [xform id=1]

chefry
  • 2010/3/10 20:49

• chefry

• Home away from home

ok, I've been trying out the new version and I'm getting some errors.

When I use "Test Form" and hit the submit button I get an error

Quote:

Unexpected results occured. In order keep your data consistend, please refresh your page and try again.

However, the backend shows that there was a form submitted.
I have it set for email & database.
No email is sent, and there is no way to see what was put into the form.
The export function gives an error when excel tries to open it. If i say to ignore the error, there is just a string of errors on the sheet

Finally, I have 5 areas of the form that are set to require a response, and 3 areas at the bottom that do not require a response. However, all the sections say they require a response. Even those set to not require a response.

It would also be nice to enter some blank lines, or line breaks for asthetic purposes.

I hope this helps your development.

TIA
Frank

Dylian
  • 2010/3/10 23:15

• Dylian

• Friend of XOOPS

@chefry: Please try the latest build this should solve your problems. (Except for the required field problem, but i'll try to solve that ASAP). And i'll definitely try to add a "Add blank line" option or something like that (Great idea, thanks )

AND: The latest version allows you to place a form everywhere you want to . You can do this by placing the xForms Go Tag.
So just place [xforms id=NUMBER] (Where you replace NUMBER with the id of the form) anywhere you want to, and the form will be loaded right there

I hope you all enjoy using this module as much as i enjoy developing it

(And again:)
The module can be downloaded [HERE] and [HERE] you can check if you run the latest version.

Greets Dylian.

chefry
  • 2010/3/11 7:03

• chefry

• Home away from home

ok, last night i downloaded the latest version and installed it. Now when I go to my website i get

Quote:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

Error: Smarty error: [plugin] could not load plugin file 'outputfilter.xFormsGoTag.php' (core.load_plugins.php, line 118)

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits