ghia
Re: Can't access admin ?
  • 2010/2/18 11:06

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

It seems that maybe you have a problem with Protector. Try with disabling it, by commenting the post and pre check in mainfile.php

peterr
  • 2010/2/18 12:22

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

Too dangerous to disable protector. Although I guess I can ban all other IP's again, and only allow mine, then comment out those lines in mainfile.php

However, if it is protector, then what ?

Searched on the Peak site, and found some similar problems, not exactly the same. One had about the 'reliable IP' field, so chased that, it's in the config table, changed it to reflect my IP (it had my IP from years back), and tried to login and use admin again, ... still no go.

peterr
  • 2010/2/18 12:52

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

If I do have to have a php.ini to force the use of cookies, then I see from this post , it seems I can make my custom php.ini accessable from every directory with .htaccess

peterr
  • 2010/2/25 4:37

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

ghia wrote:
It seems that maybe you have a problem with Protector. Try with disabling it, by commenting the post and pre check in mainfile.php

ghia - I did actually try that today, as you suggested. However, same problem, so we can probably rule out Protector. It (Protector) was definitely not running, as my IP didn't appear in the logs, as it usually does.

Looks like a re-install , or more the point, upgrade to new XOOPS. Better still, I'll wipe the site, and the db contents, and start afresh.

Would still love to know what is causing this though.

Thanks,

Pete

peterr
  • 2010/2/26 11:51

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Have been looking at sessions. There was a backup of the db done, ages ago, and it must have been when I was logged in. I compared it to the sessions table now, after an 'admin' login.

The column "sess_data" now, is just as other site visitors, even though I'm logged in (XOOPS gives the msg that I'm logged in). But, that column in the sessions table, from the backup ages ago is vastly different, it has all sorts of XOOPS info , like 'xoopsUserGroups' and it looks like arrays or similar following that.

So, this is the only _real_ difference at present, it seems.

Any clues as to why XOOPS would be allowing me to 'login' (I get the msg), but then not assigning any 'rights' in the session data ?

Pete

peterr
  • 2010/3/1 10:22

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Will it do any 'harm', if I place the contents of the /upgrade path in the web root, and run an upgrade ?

It might 'tell' me something.

HopeL
  • 2010/3/7 1:46

• HopeL

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/8/21

I'm not sure if this will help you as I am on a different version but I had the same issue and my database guy discovered that the data was missing in the groups_users_link table. Once that was restored from a backup, I was able to login successfully.

Hope

peterr
  • 2010/3/10 9:38

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Thanks. I checked the table 'groups_users_link' and it is okay. I was able to compare the db to one from before the server move, and nothing was amiss in any way.

It would be interesting to know if vers 2.0.18.1 runs okay under php5. The website is 'okay', just I can't login and use admin, so it's pretty useless, and only a 'clean wipe' and install 2.4.4 will let me 'see' admin again.

Pete

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits