Mechs
Themes Module
  • 2010/1/31 5:34

• Mechs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/16

Hi all, as the title said.
If there's a module where we can:

1. View the list of all themes that we have( as in the theme selection) and at the same page we can preview the theme we selected.
2. Make duplication of the theme and rename it.
3. Make changes / edit the css, themes.html, preview and save. Using the same editor as in content module, where we can see the html / wyswig.

With this module everybody can easily make their own themes.

vamptrix
Re: Themes Module
  • 2010/2/2 9:42

• vamptrix

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/5/3 1

Well, part of it is now being included in XOOPS 2.5 Alpha 1, in the file manager.

The first one, you can easily select a theme by going tohttp://www.xoops.site/index.php?xoops_theme_select=nameoftheme.

So if you go tohttps://xoops.org/index.php?xoops_theme_select=default you'll see the default theme.

You can make a content page and add pictures of all of your themes on it and get such a link.

But you can also use the theme block and use the function to let it show a thumbnail of the theme. That's most likely what you mean.

Duplicating themes can be done, but not with every theme though. Some themes use this: <{xoappurl>/themes/nameoftheme/ (or something) as link, and you can't rename them or you'll break all of the images and stylesheets in them. Most themes can be used with changing the name though, but not all.

And changing a theme is more than just editing themes.html and css - you often have (with Morphogenesis themes) a lot of templates in the xotpl folder. That makes it very hard to edit them if you're just starting. XOOPS theming is quite easy, but it's not so easy that everybody can do it - you'll need basic knowledge of css and html - and not everybody has that. Even I have problems often when making a theme (most of the time for XOOPS, but I've ran into problems too when making themes for Pluck. Concrete5 is easy.)

A themes module isn't coming soon I fear - but I have heard from something that Aphex did with a theme. I thought you could edit it with debaser. You can read that here:https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5148
Maybe that's what you're looking for?

Mechs
  • 2010/2/2 12:40

• Mechs

• Just popping in

Agree and i've read about what Aphex did as well.

The idea is not to change the entire theme.
At least the changes can be made for the colors, background images etc. in the css file (like changing the css file in friendster.com) and the header of the theme.html (if let say using a flash file for the header) .

Maybe Aphex's idea can be implimented in themes module too.

aph3x
  • 2010/2/2 15:34

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

Core of 2.5 alpha can do that ..except for duplicating the theme as far as i remember and you make a good case of a "feature request"

And since we're talking duplicating files, if that...nah.. when that will be achieved then it will be expanded to language files where you can duplicate from admin end a lang directory and edit the new created one directly on site

I could virtually translate my site/edit my theme from my phone while on a train or something

Mechs
  • 2010/2/3 14:23

• Mechs

• Just popping in

Quote:

I could virtually translate my site/edit my theme from my phone while on a train or something

Absolutlely right Aphex.
Love the idea,hope this will attract more theme designer to respond and module developer as well.

In the XOOPS 2.5 under the template manager, would be great if XOOPS editor is use for theme editing and to include the clear cache function on the same page (the clear cache which is under maintenance).

vamptrix
  • 2010/2/10 10:08

• vamptrix

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/5/3 1

XOOPS editor and any WYSIWYG editor could break code if you use them with code-editing. Have a lot of exp with that.

Those editors add their own formatting, so it's mostly a no-go for me.

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits