ghia
Re: New Install HELP! Please!
  • 2010/1/24 9:44

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
phpmyadmin looks to be a very useful and powerful tool. As stated in my first post, my experience with php is negligible so I am hesitant to try and install it for security reasons and fear I may screw it up big time.
It is norally standard available with your site admin panel (eg cPanel, Plesk, ...) and yes it is very powerful and you can screw up everything, but there is also a backup and restore function.

For security, install it in a non obvious directory name, disable directory listing and don't make ever a link to it or remove it after use.

EricHendrix

It has been resolved!!!!

Thank you for all your assistance in this problematic time of mine.

Removing the theme did nothing. Same issue.

I decided to just bite the bullet and reinstall the whole thing. Luckily I only had a few hours into the first install. So I need to put a few more into it.

I've had worse days.

The phpmyadmin would have more than likely done the trick as well, but I was a scare-d-cat to try it.

Another great big thank you to every post I recieved in an effort to help me out.

Eric Hendrix

EricHendrix

ghia,

I looked in the cpanel and yes there it was. I played with it a bit and yes that may have taken care of the issue but I had already done the deed. (story of my life)

But I have it for future reference.

Thank you,
Eric

Login

Who's Online

272 user(s) are online (199 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 272

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits