Mazar
Multiple image or file uplaoder for xoops
  • 2010/1/15 8:20

• Mazar

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/1/4 0

I think this been in discussion before that XOOPS uploader class lacks multiple uploader option and thumbnail creation. or maybe i am not understanding the uploader.

i think the XOOPS core developer should modify the uploader class to make it easy for module developers to use uploader class for multiple uploads. easy thumbnail creations, and watermarking images.

I see some module have these options but i dont know how they managing it. I like the codeigniter uploader class i think XOOPS core developer should make a class like codeigniter has.

Burning
Re: Multiple image or file uplaoder for xoops
  • 2010/1/15 9:43

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

As far I can remember, there are at least three modules wich allow multi-upload :

• eXtGallery 1.08 by Zoullou (java extension has to be installed)
• fcabixshare by BluemoonInc
Oledrion oups! SimpleContent by Hervet (with auto-thumb)

(another idea for dev : a module to replace my FTP Client )

ghia
  • 2010/1/15 13:37

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

XcGal can also order files and subdirectories created by FTP transfert, generating thumbnails and view format and watermarking.

Quote:
another idea for dev : a module to replace my FTP Client
See repository.

frankblack
  • 2010/1/15 15:30

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Another solution for uploading multiple files (used in debaser, but not for this purpose): click

Burning
  • 2010/1/15 16:39

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

Quote:
See repository.

... newest is : 01-2006. There was also a module called xplorer wich I can't find here.

If these modules still work with XOOPS 2.4.x, are we sure there is no security risk ? FTP... very sensitive issue

eXtGallery solution seems excellent (the same than MySpace) but user has to install java extension, and above all it is for an photos album module.

Debaser solution seems lighter ...

The dream would be a real ftp module, using Groups permissions. FCabixShare is very closed, but not real ftp (several download fields).

... but I'm not skill with code, just a dreamer

frankblack
  • 2010/1/15 17:05

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

tinyeditor has some FTP features for uploading, chmodding, installing plugins or language files. Plus a class for uploading zipped files and extracting them on the server. But more or less poorly coded (my fault).

bumciach
  • 2010/1/15 19:54

• bumciach

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/25

I think LadyHacker meant more of the class/library to upload (like XOOPS uploader class) that can be easily used into created your own modules than the completed modules with multiple upload function. Would be good to implement uploadify into XoopsMediaUploader and XoopsFormFile classes. I'm thinking about it from some time.

Mazar
  • 2010/1/16 7:35

• Mazar

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/1/4 0

Yes Bumciach,

I meant XOOPS core developers should extend and improve the XOOPS uploader class for multiple uploads and thumbnail creations.
I like the uploadify too. i tried integrating it in one of my module. made it work to upload but coudlnt get filepath and thumnail creations to work. i quit it

here is a good set of function for multi upload and thumnail creations

http://www.cafewebmaster.com/smart-multi-uploader-and-thumbnail-creator-gif-jpeg-png-php

Dylian
  • 2010/1/17 19:28

• Dylian

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/7/21

Quote:
i think the XOOPS core developer should modify the uploader class to make it easy for module developers to use uploader class for multiple uploads. easy thumbnail creations, and watermarking images.

[size=xx-large]+1[/size]

Login

Who's Online

212 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 212

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits