shellkiwi
Display Problem with Modules Admin in System Module
  • 2009/11/15 7:49

• shellkiwi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/25

I did a full install of the new XOOPS 2.4.1 within the last few days and other than a few errors that have driven me nuts, for the most part, everything has worked -- until tonight. I have come across a problem that I can't seem to solve......

In my main XOOPS admin area (the System module), everything works fine on most of the pages (i.e. preferences, blocks admin, etc.). Unfortunately, the Modules Administration section no longer works correctly. It is not formatted by the template, some of the boxes in the "Order (0 = hide)" column are missing, and all of the uninstalled modules are missing from the bottom of the page. This is frustrating because I was trying to install a new module and it has been uploaded to my site, but now can't be installed........

I have gone through and uploaded the entire contents of the /module/system file folder and nothing changed. The modules admin page was working correctly, and I cannot think of what i have done to make it dysfunctional. It also baffles me because it is only this one page of the administration area.

The page is *****.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=modulesadmin.

Changing the template doesn't help........

I am pretty new to this, but I do know that I am using MySQL 5.0.

Any help is appreciated.

Shellie

ghia
Re: Display Problem with Modules Admin in System Module
  • 2009/11/15 10:21

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

What version of PHP do you have?
Do you have errors listed when debug in the preferences is set on?

Can you make a list of which modules (and versions (see xoops_version.php)) are on the system?
Which are correct displayed and which are not (describe error/installed/uninstalled)?

Quote:
and other than a few errors that have driven me nuts
Could you tell us about these problems and their fix?

shellkiwi
  • 2009/11/15 10:57

• shellkiwi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/25

I'm running PHP 5.x.

My debug file:

0.000293 - SET NAMES 'utf8'
0.000240 - SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1
0.000991 - SELECT * FROM config WHERE (conf_modid = '0' AND conf_catid = '1') ORDER BY conf_order ASC
0.000368 - SELECT sess_data, sess_ip FROM session WHERE sess_id = '18hiiifov9hbeaeuasig4tgos4'
0.000462 - SELECT * FROM users WHERE uid = '1'
0.000385 - SELECT * FROM modules WHERE dirname = 'system'
0.000387 - SELECT * FROM modules WHERE dirname = 'protector'
0.000396 - DELETE FROM protector_access WHERE expire < UNIX_TIMESTAMP()
0.000400 - SELECT COUNT(*) FROM protector_access WHERE ip='97.118.62.4' AND request_uri='/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences'
0.000338 - SELECT COUNT(*) FROM protector_access WHERE ip='97.118.62.4'
0.000420 - INSERT INTO protector_access SET ip='97.118.62.4',request_uri='/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences',expire=UNIX_TIMESTAMP()+'60'
0.000370 - SELECT * FROM configcategory
0.000964 - SELECT * FROM config WHERE (conf_modid = '0' AND conf_catid = '3') ORDER BY conf_order ASC
0.000477 - SELECT * FROM modules WHERE (hasadmin = '1' AND isactive = '1') ORDER BY weight ASC, mid ASC
0.000408 - SELECT COUNT(*) FROM catads_ads WHERE uid = '1'
0.000479 - SELECT * FROM group_permission WHERE (gperm_name = 'module_admin' AND gperm_modid = '1' AND (gperm_groupid = '1' OR gperm_groupid = '2'))
0.000459 - SELECT * FROM modules WHERE (hasadmin = '1' AND isactive = '1' AND mid IN (2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8)) ORDER BY weight ASC, mid ASC
Total: 17

I have the following modules installed:
System - v 2
Private Messaging - v 1.01
User Profile - v 1.55
Protector - v 3.4
Zen Cart - v .1
NewBB - v 2.02
Catads - v 1.4

In the order column, the boxes are missing for the only 2 modules I have set to hide: System and Protector.

The following modules should be showing as uninstalled, but are nowhere on the list:
d3forum - v unknown
xoopsvisit - v 1.0

On the front end, everything seems to be working just fine.

In regards to the errors, the majority of them were due to the integration of other modules with Xoops. I had a few small problems with XOOPS itself (such as blank pages showing up on the site), but reuploading the original files often fixed these problems quickly. Zen Cart has been my biggest headache, but seems to be working fine now. The only visible problems right now are on the backend in the admin.php?fct=modulesadmin page.

Thanks for your help! Please let me know what other information you need.

Shellie

ghia
  • 2009/11/15 11:13

• ghia

Ok, doesn't look too bad!
Quote:
the boxes are missing for the only 2 modules I have set to hide: System and Protector

These modules have no user menu, are always hidden and therefore there is nothing to set.
Quote:
d3forum - v unknown
This a d3 module, as also Protector is, and have two module directories. Make sure the security part is also in /xoops_lib/modules. If not, move it.
If it is, check needed definitions for XOOPS_SECURITY_PATH or something.
Quote:
xoopsvisit - v 1.0

Maybe the same?
Quote:
but reuploading the original files often fixed
You can do the filecheck (see release notes).

serial-weber

Hi,

I also have this kind of problem with my XOOPS 2.0.18.2 web site.
My web site is completely stopped because I cannot see modules I want to install in admin system. In the debug mode, this is the error message I receive "Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/modulesadmin/modulesadmin.php line 46"

There is 3 modules I want to install but I only see one modules which is ExtGallery.

Can someone help me??

Thank you

wingrider101

I have exactly the same problem on the new 2.4.3 final version. I installed only 4 modules and then made an (accidental) change to add my local lan to my Protector IP list (I had figured it out backwards to how it works), and locked myself out from my second machine on the lan I was working from.

I disabled protector, and got back in, then went into protector's config files and removed the hex number configs recommended elsewhere on the forum.

Then on coming back into XOOPS Admin modules, I have the same issues as the fellow above. I've been troubleshooting it all day with no love so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Byron
Wingrider 101

ghia
  • 2010/1/15 3:00

• ghia

Some people who has the same complaints, said it was needed to uninstall and install the module for putting it to work again.

wingrider101

Quote:

ghia wrote:
Some people who has the same complaints, said it was needed to uninstall and install the module for putting it to work again.

Ghia,

Which module are you referring to? System? Protector? I'm confused. Sorry.

Byron

ghia
  • 2010/1/15 5:08

• ghia

Protector.

For the other modules, do the install one by one: upload one, install it, upload the next, ...
This way, you can see which module is failing. Set also debug on.

wingrider101

Here's my system info to help figure it out:

Server: Generic Clone running Ubuntu Server 9.10 Karmic Koala
PHP: 5.x
Apache/2.2.12 (Ubuntu)
MySql: 5.1.37-1ubuntu5
MySQL client version: 5.1.37
PHPMyAdmin: Version information: 3.2.2.1deb1
XOOPS Version XOOPS 2.4.3
PHP Version 5.2.10-2ubuntu6.4
mySQL Version 5.1.37-1ubuntu5
Server API apache2handler
safe_mode Off
register_globals Off
magic_quotes_gpc On
allow_url_fopen On
fsockopen On
post_max_size 8M
max_input_time 60
output_buffering
max_execution_time 30
memory_limit 16M
file_uploads On
upload_max_filesize 2M
XOOPS Key 3b50b8-31e21d-07ff8f-740a6f-6b3941

Modules Installed:

System
multiMenu
Protector
Xoops*Visit
Calendar (piCal)
Private Messaging
SimplyWiki
Site Statistics
Sitemap
User Profile

Module in module directory but NOT installed:

bulletin

Wierd symptom #1: when debug is turned on I get a message at the bottom of the modules page (before the unistalled modules bits) that reads "install the latest altsys"
Wierd symptom #2: Modules page has basic "table" layout ok, but no formatting from theme is occuring. Just plain white background with black text form(s).
Wierd symptom #3: Modules page goes down to the line -
Module Version Action
then ends. Modules TO BE INSTALLED do not show up although they are in the modules directory (see bulletin above).

Nothing but the altsys message comes up, and it's not in the standard "debug" format at either top or bottom of page, but rather in the middle.

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits