jasonrec
How to enable embedding of javascript in articles?
  • 2010/1/11 3:45

• jasonrec

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/1/11

I'm very new to the XOOPS world and I've been digging through docs trying to see if there is an option somewhere to enable/disable scripts in user-created pages. I want to be able to paste in javascript code from feedburner feeds into some of my XOOPS articles but the HTML editor keeps stripping the code out. Is there a way to disable this protection?

ghia
Re: How to enable embedding of javascript in articles?
  • 2010/1/11 11:13

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

jasonrec, welcome on the XOOPS forum!

Which XOOPS, module, editor version are you using?
Some editors must be configured to allow the script tag, because it is in general a security risk if users can add JavaScript to your site.

It is a bad practice to mingle Javascript with content. It is better to group the required functions in a file and to add a reference for this in the theme file.
Then you can add the functions to the onclick or other events.
What kind of code do you want to use?

If it is for RSS feeds there are modules for that (see module repository).

jasonrec
Re: How to enable embedding of javascript in articles?
  • 2010/1/12 5:17

• jasonrec

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/1/11

Thanks so much for your reply!

I'm working for an organization that has a pretty small group of users (maybe 12 by the time we're all said and done), and the guy who set us up is only somewhat familiar with XOOPS.

I don't have much access to the server side of things, so I don't think I could easily add modules to the XOOPS installation (though if it came to that, we might be able to work something out).

I like what you were saying about grouping the functions in a separate file and then referencing it; can you point me toward the right docs where I might be able to figure that out?

Login

Who's Online

363 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 363

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits