ghia
Re: 2.4.2 modules
  • 2009/12/17 11:37

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
modules are not compatible.
If it is really a compatibility problem, then this is not always the fault of XOOPS. Also the changes in PHP, mySQL, server configurations can make trouble.

Also installation problems can make that a module is not running. Some modules are dependent on the presence of other modules or libraries or expect that some directories or its permissions are created or set by the user. Read all files.

Make also a search with the module name on this site. Many forum posts or comments can tell you more about getting started and problems with the use, as well as hints for even more possibilities with the module.

Mosttimes these problems can be easily cured and even old modules can be perfectly used. It is a question to have a little persistence and to explore a little bit the wonderfull world of IT.

MrTang
  • 2009/12/17 14:53

• MrTang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/12/4

yea agree with you but i don't just try something, find it don't work then condemn it on here, i spend hours and days going through it all. I read all i can on it, but i get the distinct impression there ain't many using this latest version.
I been running XOOPS way back from when it started, i just come back to it after 2 years, reading what it said on the site, but now i just got more and more problems and confusion here.
Latest problem is Pm system don't work out of the box.
So now got spend hours on that.

ghia
  • 2009/12/17 15:07

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

And what is exactly the problem with the PM's?

lazyd
  • 2009/12/18 13:55

• lazyd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/20

Have to agree with Mr Tang. Been running XOOPS for a while too and have to say that upgrading to XOOPS 2.4.x has broken alot of modules etc on my site(s). Some of them are biggies and there does not seem to be any alternatives. These include:

Extcal
NewBB/CBB
RSS Centre

Some of these modules do not seem to have been updated and it seems that the XOOPS Development team does not seem to be bringing alot of these module developers along with them. This has resulted in alot of modules not working with the latest version of Xoops.

As someone else said, some of the problems might stem from running a later version of PHP, MySQL etc

In the meantime, if anyone wanted to upgrade to the latest version of Xoops, I would tell them to think twice, and make sure that their core modules are not broken.

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 144

aerograf,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!