xsell
Re: Instant-Zero closes its doors
  • 2009/11/14 5:09

• xsell

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/9/2 1

@Burning ,Dude you Should Have Quoted My Full Line Not Cut it in Half . Thats wht i said .
"He Can Keep the Site Open and put the paid Modules for free and keep the Donation .. its no use for Him if he is not selling them anymore "

I Said if he is Not selling them anymore ... Someone Said Once ' Information not Shared is Lost " .. if he is Not selling them why not let Others use them .. free or Not .. the Dude Not Selling them so why keep such Good Work for Rusting ..and Modules Price is the key of Suces
Regards he gives them free or Not .. no one Can deny his work with his Legacy Modules ..

Too Bad that Not alot People Intrested in Buying ..

Honestly i belive it was Due to existing Free Modules that do same as the paid one .
Simple Content (paid ) VS Pico (free) which One you go for
the newslitter List (paid) Vs eventnews (free )

..... etc .. If i Could Give Him advice i would tell Him to make uniqe Modules that have Not been Done before .and there is Plenty ideas ... Security modules IS walking Money .. with Only Protector Out there a security module will be Good invesment , Music Library, Porting Different Forums to XOOPS ..
and the Module Price is a key of Stay in Busniess ..

and i have the Idea to courage Authors who Make free Modules ..So i do not belive Close the Site will pay his Bills .. Just leave it Open .. Keep Google ads and Donation Runing .. You Never know wht coming to U.. and remember you Can 't win the Lottery unless you Buy the Card...doese matter if u put the paid on free or not .. try reduce the Price....

in the end of the Day it is his Site , his Modules , his work .. if he Thinks the Good is just Shut it down then i repect that and Wishs Good for Him .. he deserve All Good for all wht he has Done for xoops.

ghia
  • 2009/11/14 9:34

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

If a company goes down, all things like belonging software, website, ... goes down with it. The software is made by the company and is its property. If you want to give it away, you must be first the owner of it. Hervé and sarl Instant-Zero are two (legal) persons.

Maybe you are interested to buy it and then give it to us?

(I do not know the exact case or status of Instant-Zero.)

PS Did you ever bought or donated? Because with would or should, things are not moving either.

Anonymous
  • 2009/11/14 9:45

• Anonymous

• Since:

It's bad news but may be herve is right.

Now what is the price required to buy the copyrights of these commercial modules for releasing it free in xoops.org ?

hervet
  • 2009/11/14 9:50

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

All commercial modules are my legal property

bjuti
  • 2009/11/14 10:19

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

My opinion is that if you have paid modules for one CMS, that CMS is worth using. It's better for developers to know that they can, beside the open sourced modules, do commercial modules.

webmystar
  • 2009/11/14 11:47

• webmystar

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/6/23

it is a pity, good luck for the future, hervet!

xsell
  • 2009/11/14 11:48

• xsell

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/9/2 1

@ghia .. I my Self do not use any of his Modules .. And Never donated to him .But i would if i used any of his Modules .i tried to hire him for making music Module , He was Nice and Pointed Out Debaser instaed Pay for New Module . I did not want talk about this But i Have Donated to XOOPS In the Past maybe two years ago under another username i used before xsell .I'm not Just saying Lets Support authors and Donate when i have never Done it . Yes i have .Right Now My site 80% is runing by Debaser . whenever Frankblack has a link to donation i would be happy help . Since i do make Money from his Module.and Courage all do same .

@ hervet did you see wht Mowaffaq Said?

ukandrewf
  • 2009/11/26 18:14

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

I too was a customer of instant-zero and herve.

This was my second project with him and once complete i had others planned that i would like to have moved through.

I think one of his other customers mentioned that there was no explaination of what happened or why he's closing.

I know very little about his business, other than he was a nice guy who did good work.

i have been left in the lurch because i had paid an upfront 10% deposit and only had first visuals delivered.

Andrew

p.s. i was doing a redesign of my site theme, www.colournation.com

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits