ghia
Instant-Zero closes its doors
  • 2009/11/13 15:51

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Shocking message on the site of Instant-Zero:
Quote:
Nous sommes au regret de vous informer de la fermeture définitive de la SARL Instant Zero. Par la même, je tiens à remercier tous nos clients avec lesquels nous avons pu faire de beaux projets mais aussi avoir de bonnes relations voire même parfois des relations d'amitié. En vous souhaitant bon web, Hervé

Translation:
Quote:
We are sorry to inform you the definitive closure of the SARL (= Ltd) Instant-Zero. In the same time, I hold to thank all our customers, with which we have made beatiful projects, but also had a good relation and even some has become friends.
While whishing you a good 'web' (=surf?),
Hervé
Some tweets.

sabahan
Re: Instant-Zero closes its doors
  • 2009/11/13 15:58

• sabahan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/3/4 5

this is so sad..

what about its free community must have modules ? will it still be maintain and updated ?

please reconsider..

kaotik
  • 2009/11/13 16:16

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

are all free modules from herve already in XOOPS module repository?

ghia
  • 2009/11/13 16:19

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

W'll try to add them this weekend.

Mamba
  • 2009/11/13 16:20

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Yes, I've heard about it couple of days ago, but I was hoping that the Website will stay open.

I'll upload his latest modules to our Module Repository. I hope, I have all of them.

It's really a shame that "Instant-Zero" didn't work out for Herve. He's been a great addition to the XOOPS community over the years, and I hope, he will re-emerge in a different business endeavor, and be successful in it, as he deserves that.

But I think, it's also a message to all of us that if we like some modules, let's reward the author and let's donate something to them. The module developers have to pay the bills as well, and if it saves us time, and especially if we make money out of XOOPS and their modules, let's say "Thank you" by donating back. Or by giving those authors contracts for some development work.

There is an interesting article about being "thankful" in the Wordpress community (read here)

Let's face it - if Herve could afford living from donations, he would be programming all his time for XOOPS, and we would have tons of cool modules. Now we have to struggle to figure out how we can maintain all of his modules, as we don't know if he personally will do anything anymore with XOOPS.

So next time when you use a cool module that saves you time, and especially if you make money from using it - please donate back to the author! They will appreciate it, and it will motivate them to keep writing and maintaining those modules.

kaotik
  • 2009/11/13 16:43

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

nice article mamba.
You also make a very good point about supporting module/theme developers. I know from experience just how time consuming it can be to code a module or design a killer theme. Saying thank you shows our appreciation, but, like you said, it doesn't pay the rent, so, if you can, send a small donation.

frankblack
  • 2009/11/13 16:54

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Yep, it is a pity that instantzero closed the doors. Maybe we have to face another fact?

Fact for me, from my own observation is, that taking is much easier than getting the butt lifted and getting involved. Why should we get involved? It is all for free and if the developer is so stupid to do it for free - bad luck for him/her. Shame on myself: I have to say that sometimes I have the same attitude. Maybe this based on the fact that I am no team player.

At least we can complain about the modules. This is easier than assisting. A simple example from me: 934 downloads of debaser 0.92 in more than two years and 213 for debaser 3 alpha in about three weeks (figures taken from d.x.o).

How many responses for 3 alpha? Zero, nada, nothing, nix. Damn, am I THIS good? Noooooooo!

At the end of this month I will release the final version and I am going to add the opportunity to donate via PayPal. What I am expecting from this is exactly: Zero, nada, nothing, nix.

mjoel
  • 2009/11/13 23:33

• mjoel

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/12/9

..Herve is a living legend in the XOOPS world.....like many xoopsers here i don't think i have one single XOOPS site that doesnt have an Instant Zero Module..

Quote:

At least we can complain about the modules. This is easier than assisting. A simple example from me: 934 downloads of debaser 0.92 in more than two years and 213 for debaser 3 alpha in about three weeks (figures taken from d.x.o).

How many responses for 3 alpha? Zero, nada, nothing, nix. Damn, am I THIS good? Noooooooo!

for me personally i really like your module....one of my must have also...thank you for working on debaser...

xsell
  • 2009/11/14 2:46

• xsell

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/9/2 1

Thats Sad News ..

He Can Keep the Site Open and put the paid Modules for free and keep the Donation .. its no use for Him if he is not selling them anymore .., best Wishs for Him .

@Frankblack , Your Module is one Of the Best , as Matter of Fact its the Only Module Could Be a music Portal , we have plenty Video Modules But its only debaser for Audios/Mp3
and Tdmsound module but its Not free module .
The Number of Downloading of Debaser is larger than the Number u posted .. Because Debaser hosted in other sites it is Available for download in So Many Sites , Japanies , Chines, Arbic , Spanish Sites.. italin..etc

Unfortunately Many Xooper's Write a Comment or Post when they Need help , and Sometime they Get it Done but won't bother Say thx .. Some Act Like if , Ghia , Mamba, Trabis , Frankblack , wishcraft, ..his Employee , and get pissed if No answer for his post , or if the Answer was not Good Enoght For him ..

Frankblack i'm 100% with you runing Donation , Google Ads , Nothing wrong to be Rewarded For one of the best Free Modules in XOOPS .. I will be happy to Donate and Courage all to Do Same to any Author they belive he benfit them with devloping The Module ..

Burning
  • 2009/11/14 3:18

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

Very bad news for XOOPS and xoopsers.

Quote:
He Can Keep the Site Open and put the paid Modules for free and keep the Donation

... I assume you'are joking.

IZ is not closed for pleasure but probably because of a lack of clients, donations and supports. Now you would like to get IZ modules for free ?!

Do you think about other companies ? Your request gives the impression to say : "do not try to make business with Xoops, nobody is ready to pay and more, we are waiting that you close your doors to enjoy with your products".

I believe we have to feel lucky that IZ has updated his XOOPS modules before to go.

I'm just disgusted

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits