ghia
Re: Adding Existing PHP/MySQL App to Main Menu?
  • 2009/10/31 18:59

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Reread some of my earlier posts.
Other apps get their own cloned/copy of the module in another directory.
For Wordpress there is already an integrated XOOPS module.

SaddleBrooke

Thanks for the clarification ... I had asked about the purpose and use of Clone, but it hadn't been answered.

I have also asked about XPress vs Wordpress, but that posting in another area has gone unanswered since October 20th? It seems that there is alot more going for wordpress than Xpress. I''m also intending to setup other PHP/MySQL apps ... Any comments or opinions?

As an afterthought, My app has an index.php, should I just copy and edit (e.g., remove header and footer info, etc) so that there is no conflict if other php files call for return to index.php. I would appreciate your thoughts, before I make the move of the contents of /Recipes (My Directory).

Besides removing the header and footer references in my index.php, is there anything else that comes to mind when cloning my index.php that I need to be concerned about.

Guess I'm still nervous, but I think I"m almost done and am ready to "just do it". ... <g>

UPDATE: Tried suggestion, not a good idea!
Too much work to display my database application, and it requires editing of all the header, footer, html, etc.

Better Soluton ... Just EDIT the existing how_"use_Ghost.php" for the cosmetic changes (name, instructions, etc), and setup the links you want.

My links now include pop-up windows for::

- Our Custom Dabase (Recipes)
- Wordpress BLOG (regular version)
- PHPBBS Bulletin Board System (regular version)

you can see the results at Papa's Recipes ... but you gotta join to see the apps displayed <g>

Love "Ghost Module 2", and the options now available.

SaddleBrooke

Ghost 2 - Program Bug

Link to how_use_Ghost.php gets corrupted when preferences is updated via the Admin page for Ghost.

The link is then changed to your website's url, with a 2nd reference added in the link.

Work Around is to setup everything and leave it, or delete/reinstall Ghost module.

11/01/09 2.15 PM NOTE: Problem more serious than originally viewed, and continues to occur with even the most minimal changes, i.e., changing viewers, etc. Uninstalled Module, awaiting official release.

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits