jimmyx
Re: 2009 XOOPS Website Redesign
  • 2009/10/24 14:15

• jimmyx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/7/18

maybe the reply | edit link can be move to the right side instead of left

p/s: another issue- no style for smilies list misc.php?action=showpopups&type=smilies&target=message

ghia
  • 2009/10/26 11:59

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
another issue- no style for smilies list misc.php?action=showpopups&type=smilies&target=message
Done.

sailjapan

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but the comment templates could do with a <br> or two after the post so as to seperate the comment from the Edit | Delete | Reply bit

I've mentioned this one before, but doesn't it seem strange to anyone else that "Welcome to XOOPS Forums" shows at the top of bothhttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/ and also athttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/index.php?cat=4 and other fora? It seems to me that it'd make more sense to have the breadcrumbs there or "General XOOPS.org forums" etc...

ghia
  • 2009/10/26 14:15

• ghia

Difference is category or forum (over)view, but I missed the breadcrumb too, because the forum home link (= the welcome) is not recognisable as a link.

sailjapan

Quote:
the forum home link (= the welcome) is not recognisable as a link.

That's right, exactly what I meant. In older versions of newbb, when in a subforum or forum, the link to higher levels always shows as a forum or index.php

.../modules/newbb/index.php
or
.../modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=x

It doesn't show Categories

.../modules/newbb/index.php?cat=x

I wonder how to go about fixing this to make it more intuitive...

ghia
  • 2009/10/27 0:55

• ghia

Tought of adding a breadcumb underneat if available (same as in forum (over)view).

Kissaki
  • 2009/10/27 22:36

• Kissaki

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/16

Quote:
or speed up loading jquery from any location use
CDN google jquery - content distribution network (CDN)

In fact, that will ONLY speed up “loading” if the user already has a cached version of that file at hand.
Otherwise, at least if you’re running on a good webhost, it won’t.
Loading one on the same webserver may be faster. And if that’s then cached as well, CDN won’t be faster again.
I tried myself.

Marco
  • 2009/10/29 17:30

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Quote:

Marco wrote:
About the content, to improve the user experience (to make it happen not to have to scroll down on every page) and/or make it easy to find informations :
1/ the news are displayed for few days with their content on the front page. So now the main page is very long, as it was before with the old theme. Please set the front page as it was few days ago, to reduce scroll down the minimum, only titles are necessary IMHO. Perhaps a slide effect could be used to hide/display the news content (like on frxoops.org) on a click basis.

ok, done, thx

Those can be addressed too, and it will save space on the front page !
Quote:

2/ the latest "Recent Posts" block is useless, the content is already in the "Xoops Support Forums" block. to save space, it can be deactivated.
3/ the right blocks (support, forums, etc.): most of them are useless, please deactivate them to save space. Who's Online and User Menu are the only one usefull.

and what about this one?
Quote:

4/ forums : a cleanup in the number of forums could be done, it would ease the way to find informations and to know where to post.

ghia
  • 2009/10/30 0:11

• ghia

Quote:
and what about this one?
Quote:
4/ forums : a cleanup in the number of forums could be done, it would ease the way to find informations and to know where to post.
Rearranging the forums would destroy a lot of the backlinks that are spread in the internet.
The forum menu as be rearranged and a popup when hoovering helps with selection of the category to post in.

ghia
  • 2009/10/30 11:06

• ghia

The comments in the News articles lacks their title and also a direct comment link would be handy for referring.

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits