altabear
Editing a page. Adding content
  • 2009/10/11 5:41

• altabear

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/10/10

Hi,

I have installed XOOPS and several modules on my new site. I've been looking through the documentation and forums, and people have "mentiones" content, but I still can't find any way to actually edit a page.

Is there any guide or pdf or something that actually shows how to enter content?

XOOPS looks pretty good, but I will need to be able to write content.

Thanks.

David

ghia
Re: Editing a page. Adding content
  • 2009/10/11 7:23

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Read this.
You must install modules for content as News for articles, NewBB for forum, etc., depending on the purpose of your site: home, club, entertainment, business, ...

altabear
  • 2009/10/11 7:56

• altabear

• Just popping in

Thank you for the response. That was indeed a good article - in fact, it's one of the ones I read earlier. There are definitely a lot of interesting modules - one reason I'm enjoying exploring XOOPS.

As a full time asp.net developer with over 30 sites, it's refreshing to see a framework like XOOPS that allows for such convenient development.

Sadly, I had seen little reference to custom content in that articls. I tried the link to "XOOPS for Dummies" but it just leads to an adsense site, not a resource.

Basically, if I would like my main page to say "Hi, welcome to my site...." with some photos, I wonder how you edit that content? That's mostly what I'm looking for. I'll keep looking maybe for a module that lets me put my own content on a page.

Once again, thank you for your reply, and I appreciate you effort in helping. It's very nice. Thanks

David

ghia
  • 2009/10/11 8:16

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Some sites come and disappear, all too quick.

If you want only a welcome page you could add a custom block and put in there some HTML or PHP (or use a blank module).
But the modules in XOOPS are intended for larger things than a three page site (altough you can perfectly do this also), such as for easy adding and changing pages, where users can interact by eg comments, valueing, etc.
For some examples of sites and the used modules look into YAXS.

altabear
  • 2009/10/11 21:26

• altabear

• Just popping in

Thanks for the tip about "custom blocks". I have done that and it's has served the purpose.

It's fun learning about XOOPS. Most of my e-commerce sites average 300-500 total content pages, so I'm familiar with larger sites.

Though we use asp.net framework, and it's an object oriented type of development, I find the "blocks" to be similar and I am definitely enjoying it.

Thanks for the kind assistance. Looks like I chose the right software and community for my new site.

Login

Who's Online

108 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 108

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits