BeautyBrains
How do we implement the Google feedburner for our RSS feeds

News, newbb and the userpage module allow for RSS feeds, how exaclty do we implement the google feedburner into our site?

On the google end I get this
"Activate a new feed for use with AdSense for Feeds. Start by providing your current blog or website address."

but I would like the feeds to appears in all modules so which address do I give?

When I do provide an address (.../modules/newbee... or mysite.com/xoops folder), it does not recognize it.

I get "HTTP Error (Code) and Message: (404) Feed not found error: FeedBurner cannot locate this feed URI."

what exactly is my blog etc address?

Please note i tried to implement the suggested code into the newbb_thread.html and that did not work.

sailjapan
Re: How do we implement the Google feedburner for our RSS feeds

Give us a link to your site and we might be able to help you

playsome
  • 2009/9/24 12:36

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Hello, when setting up your feedburner feed you need to provide the full link to the feed. For news module it will behttp://www.yourxoopssite.com/backend.php not sure about the newbb module though, although i do think it has it's own rss feed.

BeautyBrains

its caribbeanancestry.com

DarinAllan

Click on this link

http://caribbeanancestry.com/forums/modules/newbb/rss.php?c=5 <<< this is the type link feedburner wants

It's the RSS feed of everything in your "Caribbean Genealogy Category" in Newbb (CBB)

Click the following link and you will see a little orange "RSS" feed icon (it's only small)

http://caribbeanancestry.com/forums/modules/newbb/images/rss-a.png

When you see that orange icon or similar it will have a mostly unique link to a RSS feed, Newbb is full of different RSS feeds, nearly everything in Newbb (CBB) has a feed, Categories, forums, global.

If you click on the orange icon you could just copy the link from the page that appears, that may be the easiest way to explain it.

;o)

BeautyBrains

neither of the above worked. what did work was setting up the feed directly on the feedburner site using the above links that you gave me.

Still doing the configs so I will let you know how it all works out.

BeautyBrains

K I tried everything and nothing worked.

I also tried to set up the google ads in the news 1.63 adsense mod and none of the ads show up in the articles or my feeds. In fact when I wrote a test article, I didn't not receive it in my reader.

I did place the google Ad script in the mod's preferences and the [adsensead] or
[adsenseadr] tags in the article; nothing happened. So what am I missing?

If you always have to include the tags within the article, this is a setback because I shouldn't have to ask or expect my members to do this. This is something that the admin should be setting up. I don't want to have to edit every single article that is submitted just to add a tag....

I have php 5 just in case that matters.

thanks

DarinAllan

I think you may need to explain in detail exactly what you want to do, btw your forum seems to be available only for members now?

If you want to put ads into newbb read this and read the comments as well

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=482

(templates are the key)

Do you want ads in news and CBB (on your site) or do you want ads in the output of your RSS feeds, it's not really clear exactly what you want. Also google ads don't always show up immediately, they can take up to 24 hours.

Explain what you want to do, maybe one module at a time, I am getting confused, maybe someone else with a clearer head than mine can help.

;o)

BeautyBrains

Yeah I've change it back to a login site because I'm looking for long-term members not visitors; I get more hands-on interaction that way.

I would like to implement the google adsense ads into the newbb rss feeds.

BeautyBrains

Ok the RSS feeds are now showing in the newbb forum but only in the first posting of any topic. This is good and bad.

Good because if it were in every single posting, the users would become desensitized to seeing them, granted we are all becoming desensitized to online ads.

Bad for when you have a long posting; the user would never see the ads because its all the way at the top of the page.

So all in all, I'm satisfied with it as it is. I will enable the RSS when I members grows into the thousands.

thanks again for the help

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits