frankblack
Re: HOWTO: xoRewriteModule - Simplified, Short URLs (remove /modules)
  • 2009/6/17 16:07

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

thx! good to know. In the meantime I simply renamed sitemap.xml. Surprisingly the old BSD-server we had, had no problems with the rewrite.

frankblack
  • 2009/6/24 6:43

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

xoRewriteModule works good so far, but now I have the problem that only ONE file has to be excluded from being re-written. I searched a bit, but did not find a proper solution.

Anyone?

ajay
  • 2009/9/20 11:49

• ajay

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/9/14

Hello,
I did everything as per said by Mark but i am getting the error given below:

"Error: Smarty error: [plugin] could not load plugin file 'outputfilter.xoRewriteModule.php' (core.load_plugins.php, line 118)
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

Error: Smarty error: [plugin] could not load plugin file 'outputfilter.xoRewriteModule.php' (core.load_plugins.php, line 118)
Backtrace:
/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php (1092)
/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php (1816)
/class/smarty/internals/core.load_plugins.php (118)
/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php (915)
/header.php (69)
/index.php (77)"

and not able to open any page of website for every page it shows above error.
I have XOOPS 2.3.1

Please suggest the solution..

ghia
  • 2009/9/20 13:10

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

You need to have these files in your XOOPS root:
/.htaccess
/class/smarty/xoops_plugins/outputfilter.xoRewriteModule.php
/configs/xoRewriteHtaccess.ini.php
/configs/xoRewriteModule.ini.php
/Frameworks/smarty/xoSmartyFunctions.php
Sometimes it helps to have a copy of outputfilter.xoRewriteModule.php in /class/smarty/plugins/
The two ini files and .htaccess have to be adapted to your site and modules in use.

There may no other system in use for URL rewriting!

mboyden
  • 2009/9/20 13:54

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Maybe check the permissions (and ownership) of the files. Are you on Windows or on 'nix? Did you setup your .htaccess files and make sure that part works first? There are two parts, the delivery part (the .htaccess part) and the rewriting part (all the other files and junk). If you null out all the configurations (When I first set it up, I turned off all modules to make sure it would work without rewriting any modules) and then I turned on modules one by one in each of the configuration files.

However, your messages is about loading the filter itself, so that makes me think file permissions or they were loaded in the wrong place, or something like that. Ghia gave you a listing of all the files and where they should be from XOOPS ROOT.

And there was that one error in the code that needed to be fixed for some installations (gets rid of the double slash in the URL).

ajay
  • 2009/9/20 19:26

• ajay

• Just popping in

Hi Ghia & Mark, thanks for the reply. Ghia i did everything as you said. I had misplaced the files and now as per your suggestion placed those files to respected directories. Now site is working as before but there is no change in url. If i am trying to open my site by domain.com/forum it shows 404 error(/forum was not found on this server)
but domain.com/modules/newbb is working fine

my HTACCESS file is as below

Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^snprofile/(.*)$ /modules/yogurt/$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^forum/(.*)$ /modules/newbb/$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/(.*)$ /modules/wordpress/$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^chat/(.*)$ /modules/x7chat/$1 [QSA,L]

and remaining everything is done as mark said.
I saw many comments that Marks's hack worked for them but why is it not working for me i am unable to find it.. Please help..

ajay
  • 2009/9/20 19:37

• ajay

• Just popping in

Hey Mark, i tried to see files permission but everything is fine over there because after placing xoRewriteModule files to respected directories site is working fine. But domain.com/folder neither working nor get directed to any page it simply says /forum not found. As i have given HTaccess file above i don't think so there is any problem in htaccess file.

bjuti
  • 2009/9/20 20:28

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

I have the same problem. I hacked xoRewrite with the solution from forum, but problem is stil there.

mboyden
  • 2009/9/20 20:53

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

you might try: domain.com/forum/ which for the rule as written isn't the same as domain.com/forum. See if that works (you can also try the actual index page of domain.com/forum/index.php.

If that works, then you've confirmed that the delivery aspects operates. That's good. Then you can work on the rewrite aspects of the solution.

There is a configuration file that you have to edit and make the same "translations" (but sort of reversed) as you just specified in your .htaccess file. That is what will change the URLs in the code (through Smarty).

The links hack is a separate issue that just results in duplicate //'s before the directory path in the URL (and is usually harmless).

bjuti
  • 2009/9/20 21:22

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Hm.. /forum doesn't work, /forum/ work. Bah..

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits