frankblack
debaser 3.01 pre-alpha
  • 2009/9/6 21:45

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Unfortunately I am FORCED to release a pre-alpha of debaser 3.01, because a user from here - axel or so was his/her name - wanted to bring me to court and bring me to action for damages.

So I released this version in haste, although full of bugs. To be honest: without a proper documentation this version will work for noone.

This pre-alpha is NOT - I stress this - feature ready, because of the aformentioned reasons.

Sorry for any inconvenience arising.

Page for download

urbanspacema
Re: debaser 3.01 pre-alpha

Quote:
Unfortunately I am FORCED to release a pre-alpha of debaser 3.01, because a user from here - axel or so was his/her name - wanted to bring me to court and bring me to action for damages.

Really? There was some infringes of copyright?

xsell
  • 2009/9/7 4:37

• xsell

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/9/2 1

You Done Good For your Self , with this Release Or els.. Man i Love your Work And i keep up with your Comments on XOOPS Some of your comments make Me Laugh , I downloaded the Module and look forward to Start testing .. I Appreciate All Your Hard Work . . More Feedback after Testing the Module :)

frankblack
  • 2009/9/7 6:37

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

Quote:
Really? There was some infringes of copyright?

No, this was just a joke between xsell and me. He/she/it wrote me a PM were he/she/it was urgently demanding a release. I have even the written permission to distribute the JW Player along with debaser. So no copyright infringements here.

xsell
  • 2009/9/7 7:00

• xsell

• Quite a regular

Quote:
No, this was just a joke between xsell and me.

EH , Thought i was dead Serious About it .. No More he/She .. Its definitely He ,Girls Dont Drag Boys For Some Coded Program to curt . Unless they used the Program to Cheat on them .and i'm not too shy to talk as you can see My Rank :)

Just start Testing Debaser .
1- The Javascript would't work Good with Old Poor IE7 , with Firefox was Not That Great but Google Ghrome Nilled It ..
2- I could add Category But Couldt Add file , dont seem there any option to add file.
3- I couldt Find where the Heack is the Batchload Option , i loved that option with debaser , U killed it Or wht ..
4- the Style , Would Be great if it left up to the Theme ..or if able to pick the Style .. the Black is alright but not going look Good in every Theme that will use the Module
Will get back again later..Still Looks Great and needs time for more Reviews

frankblack
  • 2009/9/7 7:31

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

to 1: I will test it
to 2: Adding files only from the frontend possible, not on the backend anymore
to 3: With the flash uploader you can batch load files. I made this step, because FTP upload and deleting from web isn't possible due to permissions / owner rights.
to 4: This up to everyone to adapt the look to their needs. The look will be changed anyway, so I don't put too much efforts in the design.

Some other thoughts from me: No, I won't change the design. No, I won't change the name, because you can override this with any SEO hack. Some features of 0.92b were removed at my will, for my own private reasons and will not be in again. About other things removed I have to made my mind up. But as already said: this version is by far not feature-ready. So take it or leave it. There are so many good competitors out there as alternatives. I have my own vision for this module, so I do it my way. Inspiration is always welcome, but this means by no way that I do what others tell me. Sounds odd? That's me!

xsell
  • 2009/9/7 17:03

• xsell

• Quite a regular

Fair enough .. Thx

hiflyer
  • 2009/9/7 18:54

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/7 3

frankblack - would love to test and offer inspiration (not odd, perfectly reasonable). Where/how do I put (video) files? I have a category but can't find a front or backend option to add. (Sorry if it's the same as debaser 0.92 - never was able to get that to install successfully.) Using XOOPS 2.4B1

Thanks!

frankblack
  • 2009/9/7 19:12

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

First of all: sorry for the lack of documentation. Otherwise it were written there: To make the javascript work, add this to your theme:
<script type="text/javascript" src="<{$xoops_url}>/include/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>

@hiflyer: Have a look at the preferences. There you can determine who is allowed to submit. If set, there must be links in the submenu. I must confess, that I did tests only on 2.3.3.

HTH

hiflyer
  • 2009/9/7 19:36

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/7 3

Duh, had menus turned off and was looking for a submit link just within the module. Sorry, I really tried to not ask a noob question.

Upload does work through the submit link.

FYI: The Administration page gives the following errors in XOOPS 2.4.0B1:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function apache_get_modules() in /modules/debaser/admin/index.php on line 53

Errors
Notice: Constant _AM_DEBASER_NEWPLAYER already defined in file /modules/debaser/language/english/admin.php line 153
Notice: Constant _AM_DEBASER_EDITPLAYER already defined in file /modules/debaser/language/english/admin.php line 154

Thanks for the quick response!

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits