• Since: 2006/10/14

BUMP!

ubernissen
Re: Article 2.0RC for Xoops 2.3x Testing Reviews
  • 2009/3/23 23:46

• ubernissen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/23

Chefry, please remember that Artivle version 2.0RC is only a Release Candidate, not Final or stable!
And yes, there is a lot of different bugs, but no one gets paid to develop this module, so it takes time.

The most critical bug, I believe, is when using Apply default permission. It removes any permissions for anybody regardless of group, so nothing from Article shows at all.

DarinAllan

Quote:

chefry wrote:
ok, if nobody is going to help with Article 2.0RC

Can someone tell me if I revert back to Article 1.00 will I loose all my data?

I installed 1.00, then installed 2.0RC, and then built my site.

Back Up your database I just use PHPMyAdmin in CPanel on my hosting account, particularly or only the Article tables (all of them). Then try uploading Article 1.0 either by just uploading and overwriting Article 2.0 or Delete 2.0 from your webspace first (don't uninstall it from XOOPS Admin first) then upload 1.0. When I did it I deleted article 2.0 first (not uninstall as that deletes the DB tables). If you don't feel comfortable doing that then you would be best to wait for Article 2.0 final.

If it all turns pear shaped, then just replace the Article tables from the Back up and reinstall Article 2.0 and wait till we get 2.0 final.

I was in the same situation as you are, I did what you want to do and it worked, I did not lose any data. It's not to say that your experience will go as smoothly as mine, I did mine a long time ago now, so it was worth doing, you never know Article 2.0 may just be around the corner, so is it worth taking the risk, I see it as a minor risk but you may not?

It's essentially the same as having your site hacked, break, host loses all data etc., though if you have a recent back up, quite often the effects are minimal (hopefully your host does regular back ups, most suggest you do your own as well though)

Good luck with whatever you decide ;o)

chefry
  • 2009/3/24 10:42

• chefry

• Home away from home

Thanks Darin, that worked.

But it's still sanitizing the text in the spotlight. Do you know how to fix that?

DarinAllan

Quote:

chefry wrote:
Thanks Darin, that worked.

Your welcome!

Quote:
But it's still sanitizing the text in the spotlight. Do you know how to fix that?

Nope sorry.

Just out of interest did you update the Article module, does it show it to be version 1.0, regardless update it if you haven't. It's the only thing I can suggest. Do you have a screen shot or a link to your site so we can see what you mean exactly. My spotlight block looks fine as far as I can see is all.

Also have you deleted the files in the "caches" it may help.

Cheers.

chefry
  • 2009/3/24 12:28

• chefry

• Home away from home

Well... it was working until I updated as you suggested. Now I get a blank screen. I guess I'll upload the files again and see what happens :(

DarinAllan

Bugger eh, you can only try things though ;o)

chefry
  • 2009/3/24 13:34

• chefry

• Home away from home

Ok, I fixed it. When I edited the templates I left some random tags and it wasn't updating properly.

Here is the screen shots.

the first is how the text appears in the article

Resized Image

the second is how the text appears in the spotlight

Resized Image

ghia
  • 2009/3/25 1:32

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

This is probably as intended by the module developer (It is the same way in News).
Check out the PHP code for the block, there will be some summary function.

bjuti
  • 2009/9/2 21:22

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Is there any progress about this module? It would be a bad idea developer to abandon it. AFAIK Article 2.0 and Tag 2.3 modules are in RC state and the more than one year passed since they are realised for testing. :(

Login

Who's Online

108 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 108

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits