tommcb99
Xoops or Traditional HTML Editor - which is best?
  • 2009/9/2 3:16

• tommcb99

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/9/2 3

Hi All,

I'm a complete newbie and have a question.

I currently maintain a blog that I created using one of the big blog sites. I'm at the point where I want to convert it into a real web site and I'm wondering if I'm better off using a tool such XOOPS or going with a traditional web site creation tool (e.g. dreamweaver or something similar)?

Which is better for getting ranked in the search engines, and which is easier to learn for a beginner (I know this is a loaded question to ask on the XOOPS forum!).

Any objective advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

culex
Re: Xoops or Traditional HTML Editor - which is best?
  • 2009/9/2 9:53

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

If you're a beginner and want to create a website XOOPS is definitely a great way to get started. It's very easy and timesaving because all the maintaining can be done throught the admin whereas creating a website the traditional way would requiere a greater workload.

Try to look at some of the XOOPS sites out there and see what kind of modules, designs suits your project.

As for getting a good search engine rank, this is of course up to the content of the website. XOOPS i websafe in standard and you can define all the meta through the admin as well.

Mazar
  • 2009/9/2 10:05

• Mazar

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/1/4 0

You can additionaly use a module for SEO sitemap or xsitemap. and you can use simpliefied urls as well
Xoops is a best cms for creating small to large corporate websites.
At the end desicision is yours.

sailjapan

I started my main site with GoLive but after I'd built a couple of hundred pages, I realized I was going to need something more dynamic and expandable. I tried Joomla, Drupal and Moveabletype, but settled on xoops. I'm still convinced that I made the right choice. I now run more than 10 sites using xoops, and I'm glad that I do

Try it. You'll like it.

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits