zulyunus
Re: upgrading problem
  • 2009/8/27 4:42

• zulyunus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/7/29

I didn't understand about the php.ini files.

By the way, The link you gave about suhosin didnt really explain to me what it is all about...

What is the first thing I should do to solve this problem? Any ideas? Tq

ghia
  • 2009/8/27 6:56

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Do you fit the pattern: able to change the first modules, but not the last modules?

The php.ini files are where the settings for your PHP environment are stored. Probably only your hoster can modify them.

The thread contains a link to background information (look for Suhosin in the title).

mboyden
  • 2009/8/27 13:15

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Suhosin is a php protection software that some systems are using to better protect their servers from misuse. It has the possibility of causing interference, too, and that's what Ghia asked you to check out on your new server.

To check for suhosin as well as to see the various configuration settings of php on your server, if you make a php file with this single line:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
and place it on your server (maybe as info.php) and then run the file on the web server (as www.myserver.com/info.php), you'll see what your PHP settings are and if suhosin is installed.

You may be able to override settings (some or all) depending on how things are setup at your ISP. You can either do this in your .htaccess file, or through a similar methodology using a custom php.ini (coupled with your .htaccess file). It depends on your host's setup as to which will work for you (if they allow overrides at all).

zulyunus
  • 2009/8/29 3:12

• zulyunus

• Just popping in

Quote:
Do you fit the pattern: able to change the first modules, but not the last modules?

All the modules are unchangeable in the module administration page.

Quote:
To check for suhosin as well as to see the various configuration settings of php on your server, if you make a php file with this single line: <?php phpinfo(); ?> and place it on your server (maybe as info.php) and then run the file on the web server (as www.myserver.com/info.php), you'll see what your PHP settings are and if suhosin is installed.

Is that mean that I have to create a php file which only has one line which is <?php phpinfo(); ?> and then upload it to the root of my site?

I have done that and run the file on the browser, nothing shown, only that line is shown.

zulyunus
  • 2009/8/29 3:34

• zulyunus

• Just popping in

Ok. Problem Solved!!!

Tq Ghia, mboyden....

Tq Very Much!

ghia
  • 2009/8/30 0:35

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

And what was the solution?

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits