trabis
Re: Could 'preference' navigation be improved when configuring modules ?
  • 2009/8/17 20:42

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

tititou36 wrote:
Hi,

1] with your patch, I do have strange behaviour when I go, with oxygen theme, in the menu 'preferences' value 'system'.

I get a "Taking you back to where you were..." message. I think it is related to the redirection you talked about, but anyway, this is strange.

I did not touch redirection, this bug is related to unexpected link on the oxigen menu that is refering to system preferences the same way that it refers to preferences for other modules. This was fixed forcing a redirect without message if modid<=1.

Quote:

2] More over, I think that displaying the module name of the preferences we are editing is a good idea but it is not displayed the way as the other 'main preferences' category. You use <h3> and the oxygen.php file seems to use something like <div id="containBodyCP"><div id="bodyCP">

I updated the link format so it looks like the system preferences link. Thanks.

ghia
  • 2009/8/19 13:38

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
The redirection system was already implemented. You can force redirection by adding &redirect in url and, if redirect is not given, you will be redirected to the url you provide has adminindex on module xoops_version.
So everything is already in place to call also the prefereces in the module administration and returning to it afterwards.
Now it is only up to the module developers to provide the correct link in their module administration with the suitable redirect parameter in place.

trabis
  • 2009/8/19 13:45

• trabis

• Core Developer

Quote:

ghia wrote:
The redirection system was already implemented. You can
Now it is only up to the module developers to provide the correct link in their module administration with the suitable redirect parameter in place.

No, no, no. Redirection is being done by default. Only use &redirect if you want to redirect to a page other than the module 'adminindex'. If, for example, you want to redirect to the module frontend, you can create your own preferences link with a redirect on it.

There was a bug in oxigen that was showing preference link for modules that had none).

- menu 'preferences' value 'system' was one of them.

It is fixed now.

hervet
  • 2009/8/20 9:44

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

trabis wrote:

First we need to:
- Finish this 2.4 bug hunter
- Move our focus to 2.5 (go php5 movement), build a XOOPS module framework 'XMF'. XMF will be a module itself and it will provide alternative libraries. XMF will be an interface between modules and core.
Build comments, notification, imagemanager modules using XMF.
Implement a hooking system(observer pattern) so modules using XMF can extend other modules using XMF with plugins (listen and respond to events such as: onUserDelete, onModuleInstall, onSearch, etc).
- 2.5.5 : Make new system module with XMF (the hooking system will be heavily used here)
- 2.5.9: Have every possible module using XMF
- 2.6 : Move XMF to core
- 2.7 : Feature request go here :)

I agree except on one point, either you make your 'XMF' a module either you make it part of the core but not first a module then a core "feature".
This will only drive to problems.

You must measure the PROS and CONS.
CONS:
If it's a module, we will have problems because you will need the correct version for your module

PROS:
If it's a module, you are not dependant of the core's version...

What else PROS and CONS ?

trabis
  • 2009/8/20 15:24

• trabis

• Core Developer

XMF is a library included in a module called XMF.
It is good to have it has module because we can create new databases and admin interface without having to wait for a new system module.
When we build a system module with it, we will remove this databases and admin interfaces from XMF.
When we finally move it to core, we will be moving the XMF libraries alone.

I was thinking in something like this:

Xmf(public) - admin
- class
- images
- libraries - Jquery
- xoops_version.php

Xmf(private) - libraries - Zend
- Xmf

trabis
  • 2009/8/20 23:58

• trabis

• Core Developer

There is a nice Framework called XAM being developed here:
https://xoops.org.cn/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23238&post_id=68532#forumpost68532

It is based on MVC principle and it deserves a look.
You can download the old version here:
https://xoops.org.cn/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23131

hervet
  • 2009/8/21 8:58

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

In my point of view, the MVC should be global to XOOPS and not only "reserved" to modules.
This will "solved" many things like URL rewriting...

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits