NoLimit24_FJ
Email Problems~Please assist if can

Hi all,

I first started having problems with new members NOT receiving the registration confirmation email...thus, they are left hanging and cannot join site. We tried a suggestion where we posted to forum and clicked followup on any post to that forum...as of now, nothing is working on our XOOPS site via email...

I am getting nothing via emails going out...whether it is activation emails, or the general emails sent to members...Please advise...if anyone knows of any info we can read or can place something here to assist, we are open to all and it would be APPRECIATED....

THANKS ALL

NoLimit24_FJ
Re: Email Problems~Please assist if can

Hi again...

I have activated the "automatic registration" and it goes ahead and signs newbies on up...however, we still are unable to use the other above mention email systems...hope someone can assist on what we are doing wrong to make the emails not work on our site with xoops

Thanks

Mamba
  • 2008/7/10 3:22

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

It looks like it's not XOOPS but your email setup. You might try a different Mail Delivery in your Preferences/email options:

yourWeb.com//modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences&op=show&confcat_id=6

Try them all and see if any of them works. If not, you might have a problem with your server, and not XOOPS
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Quest
  • 2009/8/21 8:38

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Something I discovered was-the activation email to the user was sent properly but it ended up in the user(s) SPAM folder. Especially with yahoo...

Hope this helps
Quest

ghia
  • 2009/8/21 8:59

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

This is mosttimes by using a senders address not belonging to the domain of the site.

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits