slicendice
CBB is missing all buttons on forum topic page, e.g reply buttons
  • 2009/7/14 21:21

• slicendice

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/4/24

Hi,
my CBB 3.0.8 forum is missing all the buttons, e.g topic reply, new topic, poll, vote buttons. It's therefore impossible to post or vote. The permissions table does say that I have all permissions to post, vote, poll etc- so it's not a permissions issue..?.
GZip is not selected on the CBB preference page. I've left the default selections on the preference page. Any ideas, anyone, please?

ghia
Re: CBB is missing all buttons on forum topic page, e.g reply buttons
  • 2009/7/14 23:31

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Missing language files?

slicendice
  • 2009/7/15 12:59

• slicendice

• Just popping in

Hi Ghia, I'm not sure what language files u r referring to. I'll just explain a little more: The forum module (cbb 3.0.8) on my site, when you click on a topic, has no option for you to edit or reply to it. The post reply box (message) usually at the end of a topics postings is not there. There are no buttons at all. Could this be due to the language file you mentioned earlier?

slicendice
  • 2009/7/15 13:01

• slicendice

• Just popping in

Also, there's a note at the bottom of the topic stating that the topic is locked and stickyed. Could this be related to the issue?

sailjapan

Yes, this is the problem. A locked topic can not be replied to, so no button is shown.
Check topic preferences again.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

slicendice
  • 2009/7/15 14:52

• slicendice

• Just popping in

Hi again. Here's a transcript of the debug error I get on opening CBB: SELECT DISTINCT t.topic_id, t.topic_replies, t.forum_id, t.topic_title, t.topic_views, t.topic_subject, f.forum_name, f.allow_subject_prefix, p.post_id, p.post_time, p.icon, p.uid, p.poster_name FROM bb_posts AS p LEFT JOIN bb_topics AS t ON t.topic_last_post_id=p.post_id LEFT JOIN bb_forums AS f ON f.forum_id=t.forum_id WHERE 1=1 AND t.forum_id IN () AND t.approved = 1 AND p.post_time>1216564022 AND p.approved=1 ORDER BY p.post_time DESC LIMIT 0, 5
Error number: 1064
Error message: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND t.approved = 1 AND p.post_time>1216564022 AND p.approved=1 ORDER BY p.post' at line 1

slicendice
  • 2009/7/15 14:55

• slicendice

• Just popping in

There is no topic on that forum. 90% of the forums have no topics yet. Neither these forums nor the other 10% of them have any buttons. I've looked at the preferences and permissions again. I have full privilege on the forums, and can't understand why the stop. Thanks for your help.

ghia
  • 2009/7/15 17:36

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Needed language files arein /modules/newbb/language/yourlanguage/

But it seems you do not have the required permissions for the forums.
In your (erronous) SQL should be a list of the forums with view permission:
AND t.forum_id IN ()

but it is empty
Check the newbb module preferences in the general user group permissions in admin.
Then all fora have also permissions to set in the newbb module itself (read, post, start topic, ... ).
You can activate a list at the bottom (to be seen here at the bottom) eg:
You can view topic.
You can start a new topic.
You can reply to posts.
You can edit your posts.
You can delete your posts.
You can add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You can attach files to posts.
You can post without approval.

Normal this situtation should not occur: when a usergroup has not access to any forum, they should also be excluded (by the administrator) from module view.

slicendice
  • 2009/7/17 21:14

• slicendice

• Just popping in

Ok, I guess I'll have to pack it in. No more XOOPS. i haven't got a clue what's wrong and I've lost faith in XOOPs. That said, I do appreciate your help Ghia. Thanks and God Bless.

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits