culex
Re: Problem with Permissions
  • 2009/7/4 8:12

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

can you rememeber if your user is also member of any other group in your site ?

If you are for instance also member of the registered user group with your admin userid that could maybe cause this problem
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

webweaver
  • 2009/7/6 1:57

• webweaver

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/3/24

My user is a member of all the groups... I assumed though that webmaster would supercede all of the rights. I cannot get into groups through system due to my permissions problem. I tried to edit the user and unhighlight the groups except webmaster and resave but when I rechecked my webmaster user id has all the groups still.

I guess I could edit the database table but I looked at the groups table and the _users table and I did not find the group info there...

culex
  • 2009/7/6 9:07

• culex

• Module Developer

Admin is superior to all other groups, unless you for some strange reason give admin less rights than normal users :)

In xoops_users check to see what number is written in level for your user.

I believe the status is like this.
0 = disabled
1 = registred user

and 5 is system admin, with admin rights

If not 5 try to set this to 5 and see if this gives you permission.
Programming is like sex:

webweaver
  • 2009/7/6 10:20

• webweaver

• Just popping in

The level for my admin userid is set to 5...

webweaver
  • 2009/7/6 12:10

• webweaver

• Just popping in

Ok, I think I am on to something. First, I need to clarify, I am using XOOPS 2.3.3 not 2.3.2. I developed my site using the IP address and transferred the domain a couple weeks ago. I was still seeing the IP address in the public link and ghia advised me to change the URL in mainfile.php. Ghia also advised me to clean the cache (except deleting index) in as I understood it, my html\cache folder.

Now, I did another google search and I came across this thisthread and I think I have a similar problem, because, I still see my IP and not my URL, when I go under my admin menu.

I have looked through filemanager in cpanel, and I don't seem to see the other caches. Would appreciate being pointed.

Hopefully, this will resolve my problem.

webweaver
  • 2009/7/6 13:07

• webweaver

• Just popping in

Ok, I found caches under xoops_data and those are clean (I emptied smarty_cache). But I don't seem to be able to find any caches under modules, especially related to system. So I don't know if I've missed any caches. Or is there another file I need to change?

webweaver
  • 2009/7/6 17:17

• webweaver

• Just popping in

I've found a work-a-round to my problem but I don't know how to fix it permanently. If I change define XOOPS_URL in mainfile back tohttp://##.##.###.###' where # equals elements of my IP address, I can access the items under admin.

I have gone through cpanel, and the only place I found a lot cache data is xoops_data/ in the smarty_cache but nowhere else. As soon as I change it back to my domain name, I cannot administer the site under system. The other caches have index.html, readme, and sometimes WS_FTP.LOG and sometimes some php files that were there before.

Any help appreciated as I don't want to have to keep flipping mainfile everytime, and relocking it.

webweaver
  • 2009/7/7 12:17

• webweaver

• Just popping in

I have XOOPS data and within that caches. I cleaned out smarty_cache. Then there is smarty_compile, which I did not touch, since it has a bunch of php files and XOOPS cache, which also has index and a bunch of php files.

The directories under system are still resolving to the ip address instead of my domain name.

Is there something else I need to do -- I am presuming I should only get rid of any html files in those 3 directories mentioned -- not php or index.

Thanks.

culex
  • 2009/7/7 13:44

• culex

• Module Developer

hey again :)

I found this thread
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=67789&forum=64&post_id=307867#forumpost307867

- Try again to edit you mainfile.php with your curret url
- Empty all cache folders (except index.html files)
- in admin update system module
- clear browser cache.

Hope this does the trick.
Programming is like sex:

webweaver
  • 2009/7/7 15:30

• webweaver

• Just popping in

Quote:

culex wrote:
hey again :)

I found this thread
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=67789&forum=64&post_id=307867#forumpost307867

- Try again to edit you mainfile.php with your curret url
- Empty all cache folders (except index.html files)
- in admin update system module
- clear browser cache.

Hope this does the trick.

Success at last. What I did is, in cpanel, I renamed smarty_cache, smarty_compile, and xoops_cache, and then created fresh folders with these names.

... and guess what? I can access admin again.

I would like to update system now. I have version 2 but under modules, I don't see an option to update system. Can you please let me know the steps to update system with XOOPS 2.3.3

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits