wishcraft
SEO Progress Report

Well the SEO of XOOPS.ORG is going well, I am still cautious to change the internal URLS as they will be considered a sitewide change. But I would like to do this to keyword the URL so we get even more search results.

Okey lets have a look at some Search Engines (SE).

In google as you can see we have a customised professional URL where google have provided hotlinks to sections within XOOPS. These are also on microsofts bing..

Have a look:

Resized Image

This is google at the moment on the keyword XOOPS..

Resized Image

This is google at the moment on the keyword XOOPS Modules..

The other keyword on the main modules in XOOPS will also eventually look like this with more track back links and referers which means it will be the same for "XOOPS Themes", "XOOPS Theme Gallery", "XOOPS News"

The same will apply for Bing and other major search engines:

ie. This is bing on a keyword of XOOPS

Resized Image

Some have notice that google is currently not reporting a page rank on many page rank reporting tools, that is cause we are currently sandboxed, this may result in a higher not lower page rank.. Page Rank is a holy grail when looking at 9 or 10 and i have read reports that google for privacy reason doesn't report these, but i think that is a rumour.

Now lets just look at the statistics here for a second.

Resized Image

Most of the traffic at the moment is coming from referring sites that is sites that link to www.xoops.org in various URLS.

The Search Engine sources have been increasing from around 0.03% to a full 1% in the last week, as the odd 1 million pages are sandboxed this will hopefully increase dramatically. I would like to see this around the 35 - 40% traffic source in 6 months when the SEO is finished.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

slyss
Re: SEO Progress Report
  • 2009/6/5 9:29

• slyss

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/26

great news. Thanks for your time.
[size=x-large]2008 Xoops Book[/size]

wishcraft
Re: SEO Progress Report

Did you know every single page on XOOPS can look like the one at the fronts of the modules with the correct contextual anchors.. For example each block that comes with the title of the block inside a css <h1>, <h2>, <h3>, <h4>, <h5>.. depending on your scalar build with the anchoring of the content ended in the at the inside contents of the block. Like so:
<h3>Title of block</h3>
<
a name="Title-of-block">
[
i]Content of block[/i]
</
a>
this is a templating issue.
Resized Image

wishcraft
SEO Starting to Spike

Well the SEO has started to climb this will spike further and further for the next 6 months.. But it has gone from around 2000 visits (java enabled) to 4000 visits (java enabled)..

As you can see in the graph around June 15, 2009 the SEO has only just begun to click in, remember there is over 1 million page to still clear the sandbox.

Resized Image

This is the Search Engine Traffic. The same is in the Keywords.. Red Tube apart from XOOPS is the top keyword.

Resized Image

This is the pie separation. Search Engine was originally at the start of this graph around 23 - 24%

Resized Image
Resized Image

trabis
Re: SEO Starting to Spike
  • 2009/6/18 22:49

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

It's just amazing, what a boost. Thank you so much for sharing your talent, great job!

Mamba
  • 2009/6/19 5:57

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Simon, you ROCK!!!

This is awesome news, and we really appreciate your dedication and your countless contributions to XOOPS!!!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

wishcraft

Yeah I know mamba, pity the Australian government persecutes me for my skills with computer (At the moment they say I am a risk to my reputation and may self harm my self as i have some form of chronic paranoid schizophrenic - CTO Order 2009)

I mean honesty if you go through my code there is no skizo type code in them (they are young applications though as I am attempting to fill the gaps here at xoops). I know some people have been shocked to know that for witting application like x-torrent, I get some form of the easy method of policing and monitoring with the Mental Heath Act...

Personally I want to move to another country with my wife. so if anyone want one of the elements of the internet in your country and someone that has been coding for 22 years (php is my new language) (Well i don't just contribute at xoops, even the protocol TCP/IP has little bits of simon in it) - let me know. I will accept a green card at all costs..

I don't mind those that I am close to here already know this. But any psychologist with a good knowledge of php and how these sort of illnesses manifest in code (which they do by the way).. Especially one where I should be too paranoid to even sign my name for an bank card transaction, let alone let people download over 2 TB of my source a year.

Anyway. Np - XOOPS has given me something to do in between adverse chemical reactions provided free of charge by the aussie government not listening to my private doctors that I can't actually metabolize anything that requires a 2D6 normal enzyme and i end up in and out constantly.

Hey I was even doing an application for btsec and go hospitalized for talking to him - i think.. That sucks man I would have love to have made a nice clicky vote system.
Resized Image

wishcraft

As you can see from the current time-line, we have reached the goal that is to have search engines dominant in the amount of traffic coming to the site. In the following pie chart you can see that the search engine is at the top of the pie chart with a percentile of 37.36%

Originally at the start of 15 days of XOOPS SEO this was 28.53%.

Resized Image

This is the current pie of traffic sources with the SEO tips implemented in these forums and wiki in xoops.org.. There are more room for improvements.

I am going to be authoring a module called route for the friendly URL.. I will be searching for tips.. This will be a .htaccess supported requirement.
Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits