playsome
Re: changing "modules" and "module name"
  • 2009/6/16 19:57

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Hello, the configs directory which contain "xoRewriteModule.ini.php" file and "xoRewriteHtaccess.ini.php" file should be uploaded to XOOPS root along witht he otehr 2 directories.

playsome
  • 2009/6/16 20:45

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

I've just been testing this plugin a bit more and I have found a small problem. If you do a search on your XOOPS site the links that display on search.php still point to the long url and to old module names. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Also it seems I am unable to use url rewriting features of articles, tag and planet modules(and maybe others that have 'enable url rewriting in preferances), Im not very good with .htaccess, does anyone know a work around for this also?

UPDATE

One more problem i have also found concerning DHTML XOOPS form for changed modules (e.g posting a comment) the buttons for bold text, youtube, etc seem to be missing and just replaced with plain text (see screenshot).

Resized Image

Cheers

Hasanibrahim

i could change this but at this time, when i click newmodulename, i am having "The requested document was not found on this server. "

What's the problem do you think ? will i upload .htaccess file to everywhere ?

ghia
  • 2009/6/17 7:18

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
Also it seems I am unable to use url rewriting features of articles, tag and planet modules(and maybe others that have 'enable url rewriting in preferances), Im not very good with .htaccess, does anyone know a work around for this also?

I believe I read somewhere it was incompatible with other means of URL rewriting. you use this or you use something else.

playsome
  • 2009/6/17 15:28

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks ghia I thought that might be the case. Im not too bothered about that though, I am still trying to find a solution to the search.php issue though, it shows links to the full url (/modules/modulename/) and the old module names, is this happening because there is no smarty template data associated with search.php? (at least i souldnt find a template for it).

I managed to fix the issue with images not showing on the dhtml xoopsform, I had renamed xcgal to images in .htaccess which caused a conflict, after changing it to 'gallery' all works fine.

ghia
  • 2009/6/17 16:03

• ghia

Of course if functions don't use the Smarty templates, the xoRewriteModule is not active. But altough not so attractive the full links should still work without problem.

Don't rename to existing directories as eg images or you run into trouble!

Hasanibrahim

I couldn^t solve my problem.
i do everything and uploaded .htaccess file to root but i am taking same error :The requested document was not found on this server.

ghia
  • 2009/6/18 0:33

• ghia

Which rules are in your .htaccess file?
Which URL gives problems?
Which URL is the result (faulty translation: see Apache logs)?
Which is the target URL (correct translation)?

seesoe
  • 2009/8/29 18:42

• seesoe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/3 4

how do i generate the .htaccess file?

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits