redheadedrod
Trying to install 2.3.3 Final but sticks....

Ok I am able to go through the install with all "green" checks up to the point I enter the data base user and password...

I put the right name and password and host in but it goes right back to the same screen with the default values and no error... If I change any of the values it tells me there is an error and forces me to reenter them but has the values I entered.

I am assuming it is an easy fix but I can't see what is wrong...

I WAS running 2.0.17 prior to this... I deleted the directory other then the cgi-bin folder and starting fresh... Dropped all the tables but kept the same user and name etc...

I could probably restore the old site and try the upgrade but I would rather start fresh on this site...

Thanks for any help you can give.

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

redheadedrod
Re: Trying to install 2.3.3 Final but sticks....

Forgot to mention...

php version 5.2.3

mysql version 5.0.45

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

sailjapan

is it impossible for you to create a new db?
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

ghia
  • 2009/6/1 10:16

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

You are not using empty fields?

Try once this modification for the func_connect line in /install/page_dbconnection.php in order to have more error reporting from the function.

if ( ! ( $link = ($func_connect$vars['DB_HOST'], $vars['DB_USER'], $vars['DB_PASS'], true ) or die(mysql_error()) ) ) {

redheadedrod

Nope the fields have the correct information in them.
I will try both of these ideas when I get home and see if maybe there is something lingering in the DB that wasn't obvious?

I am able to log in with phpmyadmin if I log out and manually log back in using the same credentials.

Does appear to me to be an error it is not otherwise trapping.

I dropped all the tables in the database and figured that should clear it out. As I said, I figure it was something simple but didn't want to spend a lot of time on it if there was something obvious that I was missing. Would be nice if the installer did catch this error somehow though... Seems to catch a lot of other errors you can make...

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits