Angela78
Does anyone here have flashchat5 intergrated with xoops 2.3?
  • 2009/5/9 23:18

• Angela78

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/5/9 1

I have flashchat 5.0.11 from tufat.com It seems to work great with my XOOPS 2.3 site other than one small problem the Mods can kick & Ban the Admin Just wondering where I can change the user permission as it is using the XOOPS user permissions.

Thanks,
Angela

Mamba
Re: Does anyone here have flashchat5 intergrated with xoops 2.3?
  • 2009/5/9 23:31

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Angela, welcome to XOOPS!!!

Maybe you gave the Moderators the group rights of a Webmaster?

Normally you assign rights in the Groups, by creating a new group (Moderators), and then assigning them the Admin rights to the particular module, but not to the whole site.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Angela78
  • 2009/5/9 23:51

• Angela78

• Just popping in

Thanks for the welcome

No I have no admin or webmaster rights given to the mod's Yet they can ban the Admin I'd like them to be able to Ban others if need be just not the admins.

I have my site link in my profile if you wanted to check it out. I'm stumped on this LOL I can also show the codes for the XOOPS CMS file for flash chat if need be.

Most of the time I can figure this stuff out but this is over my head a bit lol I'm also wondering if it has to do with how the chat code is written? I had this problem with the chat itself when I was using it as a stand alone & fixed it if I try to fix it in the same way while it's integrated it brings the chat down lol

Mamba
  • 2009/5/10 0:11

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

So if I understand you correctly, the Moderators can ban the Admin from Chat module, but not from the Site itself, right?

If this is the case, then it's probably how the module is written.

You would have to probably modify it by making a check in code that the user who they are banning is not member of the Group # 1, which is the Webmaster Group.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Angela78
  • 2009/5/10 0:17

• Angela78

• Just popping in

Yes That is what I was trying to do lol I've been looking at the code all day would it be OK for me to post the code to that chat user file? maybe someone can spot what is what with it

Login

Who's Online

261 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 261

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits