ijtzib
Getting a blank home page!!
  • 2009/4/6 18:12

• ijtzib

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/5 1

Hi guys, I've been searching the forum but no solution to my problem... please if this problem already posted, direct me to the forum. Oh, & i'm quite new to XOOPS & to this forum too...
Ok. i have a website already up and running on the internet but i then decided to update it. what i did is to compress the /home folder where my website resides & i then downloaded it and of course exported the database file as well to my computer.i then started to work locally, created database, username & password and dropped my website files & folders in the www directory locally. Of course i also made changes to the mainfile.php like changing the necessary file path and database name etc... the problem is now i getting a blank top page(home page), but when i go ahead & typed /modules/ams for example, i get the page and i can browse the other modules(pages). but when i click back home i get blank page.
What am i doing wrong?? or what exactly is the procedure i should take when trying to accomplish this, from a live website to a localhost??

I have also deleted the temp files from the caches folder...

XOOPS Version - XOOPS 2.3.0 RC
PHP Version - 5.2.1
MySQL Version - 5.0.27-community-nt-log
Server API Version - apache2handler
OS Version - WINNT.

Thank you in advance guys!

ghia
Re: Getting a blank home page!!
  • 2009/4/7 0:50

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

ijtzib, welcome on the XOOPS forum!

Which version are you updating?
And to which version? (2.3.3?)

For working local with a restored site, empty the cache, template_c and xoops_data (sub)folders (except index.html and *.txt) and also the sessions table in the database with phpMyAdmin. (Maybe also /xoops_lib/modules/protector/configs)

ijtzib
  • 2009/4/7 16:54

• ijtzib

• Just popping in

Thank you for your reply Ghia!

Actually the idea is to update my current XOOPS version to 2.3.3. But there is no success in dispalying the front page as yet.
But as how i mentioned above i can browse the other pages except for that, i can enter the admin and everting if i type /modules/modulename, etc..., except when i typehttp://localhost/bars in my case or click 'home', i get blank page.
I have already emptied the cache, template_c and xoops_data (sub)folders and the session table as you stated above with the expetion of the index.html and *.txt files.
I'm really out of ideas what i could be doing wrong! can it be phpmyadmin compatibility or a setting? or an unsuccessful download of the site? which i don't think!
Please any other ideas???

ijtzib
  • 2009/4/7 17:35

• ijtzib

• Just popping in

To clear up the situation!

I've not updated my current XOOPS version(2.3.0). i'm just trying to get my website local with the restored website.
I also realized that when i typed something after the '?>' in the mainfile.php it shows on my browser...
what that suppose to mean.

To me it's kinda weird.. why am i not getting my homepage???
i have other XOOPS installation in my computer with the latest version...
thanks!!

ghia
  • 2009/4/7 19:10

• ghia

The ?> should be the last characters of your mainfile.php and may NOT be followed by a linefeed, space, ...
Perhaps disable Protector in mainfile.php by putting // in front of the pre- and postcheck lines. Delete also /xoops_lib/modules/protector/configs/badipsxxxx (variable name)
Check also your preferences for the bad ip field. If there is something in, clear it.

CatCath
  • 2009/4/7 19:12

• CatCath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/24

Did you also copy all the same languagefiles, perhaps in one of them is a typo that can cause the blanc screen.

ijtzib
  • 2009/4/7 22:34

• ijtzib

• Just popping in

Wow! I solved the problem!!!
Hi guys, my problem was a module. when i disactivated the smartpartners module i got to access my home page. So it was a module problem. I'm yet to check the module and see why it's creating me that problem. But yeah Im good to go now for the Update!
Thank you guys very much for your replies...Im learning now from you guys, Thanks once again!

ijtzib
  • 2009/4/9 17:46

• ijtzib

• Just popping in

But I'm still wondering why smartpartner module is causing me that error! and on the live copy(internet copy)is working fine...
Please any one with any ideas. i need to use that module for my site, can't afford to unistall it...

ghia
  • 2009/4/9 19:05

• ghia

Any errors in debug mode?

ijtzib
  • 2009/4/15 16:32

• ijtzib

• Just popping in

when i logged in the admin again in debug mode i got this message:

Errors
Warning: MyTextSanitizer::makeTboxData4Show is deprecated in file /class/module.textsanitizer.php line 665

Im not sure what this suppose to mean but as how i say when i activate smartpartner module im getting a blank home page. Oh also madliens module seems that it hangs out and resets the server. im really lost here now. im out of ideas....Another thing, i was trying to install extcal 2.2.2 & when i go to the module its a blank page...but i can still access the front page(with smartpartner disactivated)... Any other Ideas???

If not i will try to uninstall the module and install it again see if that will work!!

THANKS GUYS!

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits