caponey
Brand New...Need Help On Creating Pages
  • 2009/3/4 21:05

• caponey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/3/4 2

hello!
I'm using XOOPS for the first time, while I understand the basic concept of using modules for everything, I don't quite get how to put it into practice!

I currently have multimenu and X-Center. I have figured out how to make a menu block, with links, but they are not linking to anything, because I don't know how to make an actual page.

For example, I used multimenu to create a Main Menu block, and there is a link in that main menu block called "About Us." I would like it to open a page with Bios on it. Am I right in assuming I make the content in X-Center? I do that, but I still have no idea how to get an actual page (lets say aboutus.php), that the "About Us" link will open.

I've tried searching on google for an answer, but for some reason I get the weirdest results, a lot of them in other languages. Any help will be appreciated.

thanks!

Catzwolf
Re: Brand New...Need Help On Creating Pages
  • 2009/3/5 2:01

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

This depends on what type of content you want to have. There are plenty of content modules available for an XOOPS site. Article, WF-Channel, content module. I suggest you do a search via the forums or look at the module repository. :)

Anonymous
  • 2009/3/5 9:31

• Anonymous

• Since:

As Catz says, you need a module to add content.

How many pages do you anticipate having and would you like your pages to appear - in categories according to type or subject or as discrete individual pages?

The answer will determine the type of module you choose. A content module (like article, articles, AMS, SmartSection) is ideal for where you want lots of categorised pages whereas WF-Section (with WF-Resource) is ideal for individual pages.

An alternative would be "wiki" type module - SimplyWiki is (IMHO) the easiest to use and is excellent for adding new pages quickly and easily.

You can use MultiMenu to link to any of your pages in any module.

integra
  • 2009/4/10 14:48

• integra

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/24

For adding categorized pages to a XOOPS site, is the wf-section module still a good solution on XOOPS 2.3.x for a fresh installation?
thanks

Catzwolf
  • 2009/4/10 15:00

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

I checked WF-Section the other day, it works on 2.3 with a fresh install. You don't need the WF-Resource module.

integra
  • 2009/4/11 10:43

• integra

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/24

I've installed wf-section but even if I set wysiwyg editor in preferences the default XOOPS editor appears (wf-resource 1.04 is installed)
according to xoosla site, if I understand it in the right way, wf-section shouldn't be improved and upgraded in the future
which one is then the module "of the future" for categorized content management in XOOPS as smartsection for example is already not compatible with XOOPS 2.3 in the last version 2.14?
thanks again

Login

Who's Online

136 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 136

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits