irmtfan
how multiple sites in the server can use one xoops_data and xoops_lib
  • 2009/3/19 8:28

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

i have 10 XOOPS website in my own dedi server. so it is really boring to create xoops_data and xoops_lib for each one.

but it doesnt work if i address it from another account.

is there any solution for this. or this is some kind of multisite that will be implement in the future versions?

DonCurioso
Re: how multiple sites in the server can use one xoops_data and xoops_lib

Hi,

i´ve something similar like you & at the momment i didn´t find any solution about it.

But easy... don´t create anything. Only upload xoops_data & xoops_lib & rename it like data_domain_name-folder & lib_domain_name-folder to have it in order or numerate if you like it.

Don´t stress up... it´s only 20 times to do it

Regards
HispaXoops | Xoops España

That's the way i like it! | Nada mejor que una Alhambra bien helada con aceitunas...

wilden
  • 2009/3/23 14:38

• wilden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/21

You can create only one data_lib for all your sites. It's a good solution for protect all you sites with one Protector.

But you need create one for each xoops_data, because XOOPS save the cache files on this directory.

Regards

DonCurioso

Solution gave by wilden it´s bad because with it, you can´t customize Protector for every sites than you have it.

So, anyway, if you want it, you can do it.

Other way i think it it´s really easy. Install a site with lib&data folders inside, once in a time you had installed, copy all contents inside those folders & paste to lib&data folders than will be outside the root. Change paths on mainfile & all can work with these mods... i think, not sure, but it must work...

Try it!!! It´s Free !!!

Regards.

That's the way i like it! | Nada mejor que una Alhambra bien helada con aceitunas...

wilden
  • 2009/3/23 16:58

• wilden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/21

It's not bad solution, I have configured over 6 sites with this and works fine.

If you use the same Protector configuration on all you sites, this is the best solution. In my case, I don't need diferent configuration on each site.

If one site is hacked and protector ban the IP address, this IP is blocked on all you other sites.

Mamba
  • 2009/3/23 18:54

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

This approach works for me too
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

DonCurioso

Quote:

If you use the same Protector configuration on all you sites, this is the best solution. In my case, I don't need diferent configuration on each site.

Only in this case, because all sites will have a similar modules structure. If you need to apply any exceptions or rules only to one, with your suggestion, it will be applied at all or none.

It´s not valid for me.

kakos
  • 2009/3/25 8:00

• kakos

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/6 2

Xoops_lib can be the same for all sites without any problem with protector. The only thing that may be need attention is the bad_ip. Look here ... About xoops_data I thing need more info (or work ) from the core team because it is hard to do it for every site separately.

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits