wcrwcr
PubMedPDF maybe a forgotten mod?
  • 2009/3/13 17:43

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi all

I´d like to bring to light the PubMedPDF module.

Anyone use it? I f so, could you please point me out a good example/tutorial.

I can´t find the developer and it looks kind of abandonware.

One of the features that i´d love to see in that mod is the possibility of sort and categorize a bunch of pdf files dropped on a directory. I guees it uses some kind of pdf metadata but i must confess i´m a bit confused on using it.

Any light will be really appreciated

Thank you all

wcrwcr
Re: PubMedPDF maybe a forgotten mod?
  • 2009/3/15 4:30

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

Hi

Nobody using It?

wcrwcr
  • 2009/3/16 15:43

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

just another little bump

ghia
  • 2009/3/17 0:54

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

I'm affraid this is a very specialized module with a narrow user base. Check this out!

sailjapan

Wow. that's cool!
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

sailjapan

me got loooots of pdfs Resized Image
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

wcrwcr
  • 2009/3/17 15:41

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

Hi

@sailjapan
me too

@ghia
Thanks for the link
Quote:
I'm affraid this is a very specialized module with a narrow user base. Check this out!

If you think just out of box Yes I must agree with you, the mod was built to pull medical pdf´s from the PubMed database, but looking a bit deeply on the mod´s features makes me wonder:

Quote:
Automatically generates the paper information

You only have to do upload the PDF with PMID. This module automatically access PubMed database and pull out its information.

You can register any paper

You can register the paper which doesn't have PMID by inputting its information.
Various functions

We implemented various functions such as Bookmark func, Search PubMed database func, Search local database func, Note func, Generating Bibliography list func and so on.

Maybe with some tweaks we could adapt the mod to manage a pdf local categorized collection.

For instance: you just drop a bunch of pdf´s with all the metadata needed and the mod automaticaly pull title, author, etc etc...

It would be great, dont you think?

wcrwcr
  • 2009/3/17 22:19

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

@sailjapan

Wondering if you as a japanese native speaker (?) could get some fresh news from the japanese community or from the developer

sailjapan

Actually I'm a native English speaking resident here, but yes, I could contact the authors. What would be good to know, though? It's GPL so I dare say the thing to do would be to find devs in the XOOPS community interested in manipulating the code into becoming a module we could use for purposes other than medical ones...

wcrwcr
  • 2009/3/17 22:35

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

Oh Sorry i thought you´re japanese

Quote:
so I dare say the thing to do would be to find devs in the XOOPS community interested in manipulating the code into becoming a module we could use for purposes other than medical ones...

I absolutely agree with you.
I don´t know about you but I guess that mod could be very useful as a pdf collection manager, don´t you think?

Login

Who's Online

324 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 324

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits