preachur
CBB V4 / newbb form textarea size.....
  • 2009/3/1 22:00

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

I have done a site-wide search for the "60" in the cols='60' value for the message textarea. I have changed the value in every editor and form page and it has changed for news, contact, etc. but in CBB it still throws out the textarea sized at 60. I even did a dreamweaver search for "60" and I am still unable to find out where this value is coming from. I need to reduce the width so it stops breaking the theme on post and reply. Can anyone help? Thank you all.
Mark
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

Catzwolf
Re: CBB V4 / newbb form textarea size.....
  • 2009/3/1 22:09

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Does CBB use the frameworks class?

I think this illustrates why modules should adhere to the core standards and not override them in their own way.

preachur
  • 2009/3/1 22:40

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

I went through frameworks.... I know the module "needs" it to function. I am working on my theme again.... trying to adapt it to this module's weakness.

Yes, developers should stick to the core standards. When every other module does what it should and one holds up a whole project it is irritating to say the least.

Mark

preachur
  • 2009/3/1 22:42

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Some of the forum modules of the past should be revived. I can think of two that had way more potential and were much easier to work with. Unfortunately development was discontinued....

Catzwolf
  • 2009/3/1 23:11

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Which?

preachur
  • 2009/3/1 23:32

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Most were branches of newbb that were simpler in design and operation. xhnewbb, newbbex, the original phpbb XOOPS mod.... the easy-clone newbb and the IPboard mod.... There were others along the way.

Something that is SIMPLE and functional. Like the forums in the old legacy dev forge. No bells or whistles and it would fit into everything.

aamjad2001

i agree with preachur.

everyone knows the importance of forum module.

if you ask me ... it must be a part of the core so that there are no errors in it during or after upgrade and it remain uptodate.

Catzwolf
  • 2009/3/2 1:38

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

With all due respect, I honestly think a forum is way down on the list as modules that should be made part of the core. Personally, I hate CBB with a passion and some of the other newbb clones too.

I can think of many other forums that are constantly developed (phpBB for example) that would fit my needs more on the forum part, and would be a lot easier to bridge and re-skin.

For me If I was to say that content, menu, multi language and a media manager would be more at the top for me and most people.

preachur
  • 2009/3/2 4:01

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Yeah... the core already has a comment system... phpbb? hmmmm wonder what it would take to revive the old code for that mod? I dislike cbb but have been forced to use it recently for lack of an alternative.

Back to the subject.... I still really need to figure out changing the textarea size for cbb to finish this client's site? Anyone have any tips?

Catzwolf
  • 2009/3/2 4:11

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Comment system? Hmmm I know lol, I was talking about content, put your glasses on next time :-p

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits