AHLIS
Add ads outside of xoops theme
  • 2009/2/11 19:04

• AHLIS

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/12

Hi,

I have a question about how to add ads (advertising-block) outside of the XOOPS theme. I helping a boatracing organization and they want to be able to add some ads to the right of the theme.

Example:http://offshoreracing.se/

Is there any modules that can handle this or do I have to edit the theme.html? If I have to edit the theme.html, how will I do then?

Best regards / Ahlis

"Edit - Added some new text."

AHLIS
Re: Add ads outside of xoops theme
  • 2009/2/14 15:15

• AHLIS

• Not too shy to talk

Is there a way to show ads outside the theme?

Below this text is a link to the theme we are going to use on the site.
http://ahlis.no-ip.org/roslagsloppet

Can I add one more column and use that for ads? Now I've got left, center_left, center, center_right & right. Is it hard to add one more column like right_right and then install a ads module that can use the new column for ads?

zyspec
  • 2009/2/14 15:23

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Many of the newer themes have additional columns. Several releases ago the XOOPS core was expanded to allow for 3 additional columns. The columns (bottom_left, bottom_center, bottom_right - although the naming nomenclature changed a little) can be physically located anywhere in your theme - so yes, you can use one of these to create your far right column.

Just look at a recent theme and you should be able to see how to add these to your theme. Then you can manage block placement using the standard XOOPS block administration interface.

AHLIS
  • 2009/2/14 16:22

• AHLIS

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks zyspec. Seems to work. :) I forgot the bottom columns. That was a great way to do this.

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits