felix220
xoops version help
  • 2009/1/24 13:52

• felix220

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/26

I did search the XOOPS site prior to this but could not find a clear answer..

I am somewhat familiar with XOOPS but i want to create a new site and I'm not sure where to find info on the various versions..

for example.. I found a theme that I want to use and it's demo is installed on version 2.0.18.1.

Do I need to only use this version or is the 2.3.x latest version backwards compatible with such themes (and of course similar question for modules)?

I have also asked this question of the theme creators (xoopsdesign) but no response yet..

Even a pointer to the relevant information would be great if anyone has a moment?

Cheers...

ghia
Re: xoops version help
  • 2009/1/24 14:09

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Most themes work on all XOOPS versions, the way they are designed and that is why you won't find much info about it. (Some may need still some tuning and tweaking, but that is one of the pleasures of creating sites.)

However, if you plan to use some recent features, it is possible that the theme does not support this.
Example is the placement of the center right top or center left top blocks. The changes for incorporating these extensions are mosttimes easy, on condition that the graphic placement in the layout is possible. (search for theme column)

Some themes might also contain templates for formatting the content and/or blocks from modules. If the modules support in the meanwhile other data or features to show, it is possible that these templates need upgrading, which can mosttimes be done easy by comparing the content with the current template supplied by the recent module. (search for theme overloading)

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits