JDLamb
Xpress
  • 2008/12/16 6:50

• JDLamb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/11/10

I have added xpress 2-11 to my site, and I want to change the format, but I don't have a clue how.

The older version of xpress, puts the default wordpress sidebar in a XOOPS block. This one puts it in the blog page itself. A block is better, because you can position it where you like. How can I delete the side bar from the main page?

Also the blog lists contributors as the default main page. In a multiperson blog, this makes sense, but as mine has one contributor, it looks a bit silly. How can I choose one contributor as the default page?

If that is not clear, the page is here:
http://abarrelfull.com/

JDLamb
Re: Xpress
  • 2008/12/23 12:15

• JDLamb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/11/10

No thoughts? The main page issue is the big problem.

Rickb
  • 2008/12/23 17:41

• Rickb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/24

Is Xpress a dead issue - is there any support. The question about the layout of the Xpress template is valid and a solution is most needed. I am willing to contract out work to make this layout work as described by JDLamb.

Rick

sailjapan

Have you written to the developers?
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Rickb
  • 2008/12/25 20:32

• Rickb

• Not too shy to talk

Hi sailjapan and thank you for replying.

The author, xForge site is down and the Nova company has abandoned Xpress

Rick

sailjapan

Ah, I guess we'll have to wait for someone to adopt the module then.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

webmystar
  • 2008/12/26 16:58

• webmystar

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/6/23

i think the development from the wordpress module is over ... better is using the news modul for blogging.

Rickb
  • 2008/12/26 17:09

• Rickb

• Not too shy to talk

Many of the news and article mod final layout are dull compared to WP. Possibly the XOOPS theme engine is largly to blame. Which makes WP a viable option over XOOPS and with the many ongoing WP addons, it is very attractive. WordPress has professional and creative layout options for the none coder.

A good CMS mod has always been the weak point of Xoops.

Rick

sailjapan

Quote:
A good CMS mod has always been the weak point of Xoops.

You must mean 'Blogging mod'. XOOPS is a CMS.

Rickb
  • 2008/12/27 13:43

• Rickb

• Not too shy to talk

If you consider a CMS a platform which manages data or text. XOOPS by itself can not manage articles or the written word, whereas WordPress can.

Xoops is a framework for which modules sit upon. One module type is a CMS. To to category Xoops, it is placed as a CMS. XOOPS by itself, as a framework, does not manage content. It was designed to be plyable and not be relegated to the task of managing content. XOOPS is dependant on the modules. I would say that XOOPS is more like a membership framework than a CMS.

Rick

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits