Cleaveland
Re: Starting a new Xoops site
  • 2008/12/17 20:39

• Cleaveland

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/12/16

Quote:

Cleaveland wrote:
"Once you have downloaded the latest version, unzip it to a folder on your computer. You will see 4 folders and 3 files - take some time to read the release_notes.txt."

I downloaded xoops-2.3.2b.zip, only see three folders (docs, extras and htdocs), 2 checksum files.

Sorry - redid the download and got all expected. Had a zip error on the first but PKZIP said it had fixed it. Sigh.

reptile
  • 2009/6/6 6:56

• reptile

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/27

I have problem with my xoops!
When removed xoops_lib and xoops_data folder outside document root. I saw a blank page!
Please help!

ghia
  • 2009/6/6 7:41

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Did you adapt the two definitions in mainfile.php for it?
Does your hoster support this PHP files outside the root?
Read the documentation of your site (sometimes not all directories, but specific ones are supported).

reptile
  • 2009/6/6 8:59

• reptile

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/27

thanx man! this problem was fixed when I edit XOOPS path in mainfile.php

alanliew
  • 2009/11/11 15:29

• alanliew

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/11/9

I am very new to xoops. I am following the instruction of a book to install XOOPS into my computer. I set up the server environment using Appserv, and able to see the opening screen of "The openserv open project 2.1 for window" usinghttp://localhost. I expended XOOPS zip files and copied the content of html folder c:\appserv\www. The next step is to configure xoop using ie by enteringhttp://localhost/www/ but nothing came out, only showed no such page. What shell I do next?? Pl assist.

ghia
  • 2009/11/11 16:10

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

alanliew, Welcome to the XOOPS forum!

I think you have a problem to align the URL in your browser with the directory on your disk.
Check the location of mainfile.php. If it is c:\appserv\www\ mainfile.php, then the URL should behttp://localhost/, else add the subdirectories between in the URL.

Are you using the zip archives at a disc from the book? That may be an older version (which?). Download the current version here from the site.
Don't know the appserver, but else there is also a very easy and complete XAMPP server.

alanliew
  • 2009/11/11 16:24

• alanliew

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/11/9

ok. will download XAMPP server and start again. I am reading the 1st page of the forum and is quite informative. thanks for now

bjuti
  • 2010/6/11 10:03

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

XAMPP is not the only one. Try also EasyPHP.

cambriamaven

Thank you VERY MUCH, skenow, for your clear explanations and respect for us newbie who have brains but are unfamiliar with XOOPS. I learned more about how to use XOOPS reading your tutorial than anything else I've yet found online. Kudos to you for giving your time and energy (albeit a few years, and versions, back) to help the neophytes and uninitiated. You took me from frustration to self-confident. May karma reward you - and soon!

lyjco
  • 2011/1/13 12:37

• lyjco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/1/13

thanks a lot.

These are what I am looking for.

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits