dakke
Convert PHP script (upload form) into xoops
  • 2008/12/8 2:14

• dakke

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/12/8

I have an upload form which is just fine. It's a detailed and rather complicated upload form.

I wondered how hard it would be to convert it into a XOOPS module. This is indeed a rather vague question, but just in general, what's the load on converting such a form?

How much support (as in partly coding) would there be within the XOOPS community...

zyspec
Re: Convert PHP script (upload form) into xoops
  • 2008/12/8 5:28

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

You're right - it's pretty vague. How difficult it is will depend a lot on what you want to do with the results, what kind of validation you want to provide on the form, etc.

If you just want it to be "wrapped" in the XOOPS GUI then it's pretty easy to just use a XOOPS wrap module to get it into your site.

Unless I'm missunderstanding your question the work required would really depend on the form and what you want to do with it.

As for the 'support' I think you'll find people here willing to help any way they can - as long as you can provide concise info to work from and don't mind waiting a little bit for response, since most of the people here do this in their own time, on their own nickel.

Sorry for the vague answer - but I hope it helps.

dakke
  • 2008/12/8 9:49

• dakke

• Just popping in

That helped indeed.

Well, the thing is:
We develop a scientific tool for the neurosciences. We have an upload form and are thinking about integrating/migrating that with an existing module within the field (there is a group that develops a module for xoops).

I remained vague, since I thought there was no real use to explain the entire tool (would take a while) and its upload forms.

In the case that we want to integrate it into a XOOPS module, we would require XOOPS developers as such. I have no idea if there are people interested and willing to spend time on such a module dev. We do not have the background in XOOPS so...

However, if we spend a lot of time on it and there is no direct outcome, then that's well... not good.

Is there a proper place to 'request volunteers'?

anderssk
  • 2008/12/8 14:40

• anderssk

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/3/21

What about this guide ?

ghia
  • 2008/12/8 14:55

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

You may have also a look to the module Formulize.

dakke
  • 2008/12/9 23:19

• dakke

• Just popping in

Thanks for the replies.

Doing the coding myself is currently not possible, but I will keep the guides in mind. Thanks

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits