jayjay
New Dokuwiki for Xoops release
  • 2008/12/4 16:24

• jayjay

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/10

Hi everybody!

This my final (as in 'ever') release of Dokuwiki for Xoops.

It is based on the latest stable version Dokuwiki 2008-05-05. Dokuwiki is a great wiki system which can be extended easily with plugins. This version blends Dokuwiki into the XOOPS CMS.

The main difference from the previous release is the sidebar theme. I've also added some bugfixes.

Don't forget to install the latest Xoops Frameworks (Xoops 2.3+ has this included already).

I cannot offer support for this release. It was a project I finished this summer and I have been using it since. Haven't had a single problem

I hope someone will carry on this work for the XOOPS community. I myself am switching to Drupal CMS.

sailjapan
Re: New Dokuwiki for Xoops release

Many thanks for this farewell gift to the community, and for all the work you've donated in the past. We'll be sorry to see you go, and hope that you'll be back sometime in the not too distant future. Be well, and if things don't work out 'over there', well, XOOPS will still be here for you.

adieu.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

webmystar
  • 2008/12/5 14:31

• webmystar

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/6/23

thank you jayjay for your community work. i hope you come back to xoops.

DavidChiou
  • 2008/12/8 5:19

• DavidChiou

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/12/21

Thank you so much jayjay! We are so lucky to have you build the new version! It solves one of the biggest problem of using dokuwiki on XOOPS for asian users. For example, Chinese characters now can be searched correctly with double quotes "".

I have two issues of upgrading the dokuwiki from an older version to the new version directly with old data. They are not dokuwiki's fault. Just in case some other people encounter the issues, here's how to solve them:

1. For big wiki pages (e.g. > 100K in one page), the newly included "linebreak" plugin slows the performance significantly. If your computer is slow, it takes 30~60 seconds to load a page larger than 100K, consuming 100% of CPU during the period. Therefore, if you suddenly encounter significant performance issue, just uninstall the plugin and you'll be fine. (I suspect the xbr plugin might have better performance as a replacement but I haven't tried.)

2. The new version of dokuwiki correctly identifies separators in Chinese and replaces them with SEPCHAR (e.g. '_'). However, the old version didn't. As a result, based on the old data, all wiki entries with a separator in the title are now missing when read by the new dokuwiki. You can just write a program to rename those files and things will work again.

Good luck!

DavidChiou
  • 2008/12/8 5:26

• DavidChiou

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/12/21

> You can just write a program to rename those files and things will work again.

Here's a very simple Perl program on UNIX that does the trick. It's not at all well written so it's just for your reference. It will not work unless you make necessary modification (following the CHANGEME keyword.) Run it in every directory with the problem, especially the pages, and attic directories. Also, remember to backup everything before doing so.

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

# CHANGEME
$SEPCHAR="_";

@files=glob("*");

foreach $file (@files){
# decode the file name to original text.
$name=urldecode($file);
$newname=convertname($name);
if($name ne $newname){
handlechange($name, $newname);
}

}

########################
sub urldecode {
my $theURL = $_[0];
$theURL =~ tr/+/ /;
$theURL =~ s/%([a-fA-F0-9]{2,2})/chr(hex($1))/eg;
$theURL =~ s/<!??.|\n)*??//g;
return $theURL;
}
########################
sub urlencode {
my $theURL = $_[0];
$theURL =~ s/([\W])/"%" . uc(sprintf("%2.2x",ord($1)))/eg;
return $theURL;
}
########################
sub convertname{
my $name=$_[0];

# CHANGEME
# Make sure the following covers all your cases of separate characters.
$name=~s/?/$SEPCHAR/g;
$name=~s/?/$SEPCHAR/g;
$name=~s/?/$SEPCHAR/g;
$name=~s/?/$SEPCHAR/g;
$name=~s/?/$SEPCHAR/g;
$name=~s/?/$SEPCHAR/g;
$name=~s/?/$SEPCHAR/g;

return $name;
}
########################
sub handlechange{
my $name=$_[0];
my $newname=$_[1];

my $displayname=$name;
my $displaynewname=$newname;

my $namefile;
my $newnamefile;

# CHANGEME
# display in big5 encoding
$displayname=`echo "$name" |iconv -f utf-8 -t big5`;
chomp($displayname);
# $displayname=$name; // use this one if your display encoding is same as file content.
$displaynewname=`echo "$newname" |iconv -f utf-8 -t big5`;
chomp($displaynewname);
# $displaynewname=$newname; // use this one if your display encoding is same as file content.

$name=~m/(^.*?)\.(.*$)/;
$namefile=urlencode($1).".".$2;
$newname=~m/(^.*?)\.(.*$)/;
$newnamefile=urlencode($1).".".$2;

print "Rename $displayname to $displaynewname? (y/n) y is default.\n";
$input=<STDIN>;
chomp($input);
if($input ne 'n' && $input ne 'N'){
if(-e $newnamefile){
print "!! $displaynewname already exists! !!\n";
#unlink($newnamefile);
}else{
if(rename($namefile,$newnamefile)){
print "Done.\n";
}else{
print "!! Error renaming file. !!\n";
}
}
}

}
########################

atisolution

hi

How you get Instalation document for this module?

Thanks in advance

sailjapan

The readme fie says:
Quote:
All documentation for DokuWiki is available online athttp://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:dokuwiki For Installation Instructions seehttp://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:install DokuWiki - 2004-2008 (c) by Andreas Gohr <andi@splitbrain.org> See COPYING for license info
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

kwfoo
  • 2008/12/19 10:01

• kwfoo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/10

After installing this module, I have no problem access the admin, but when I trying to access from the main menu, it show error: The requested URL /modules/dokuwiki/doku.php was not found on this server.

Note: Our XOOPS is sit inside a sub-folder of the document root. Using XOOPS 2.3.2b.

laguna
  • 2009/1/15 3:47

• laguna

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/9

Quote:

kwfoo wrote:
After installing this module, I have no problem access the admin, but when I trying to access from the main menu, it show error: The requested URL /modules/dokuwiki/doku.php was not found on this server.

I have the same problem running dokuwiki (latest version) in XOOPS 2.0.18.2
Hi amigos!!!

Mamba
  • 2009/10/13 12:36

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

You have to set "userwrite" to 0 in /conf/dokuwiki.php:

$conf['userewrite']  = 0;  //this makes nice URLs: 0: off 1: .htaccess 2: internal

See this thread

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits