Modules: Release of DokuWiki 2.10 for XoopsPosted by: jayjayon 2007/8/20 20:48:42 8856 reads
I have embedded the latest stable dokuwiki release 2007-06-26 into xoops. This new module is based upon the great work of D.J. on 'dokuwiki for xoops' versions 2.01 and 2.02.
- this is an upgrade from dokuwiki version 2006-03-09 to 2007-06-26. Since that time the entire dokuwiki structure has changed enormously. I'm thinking of bugfixes, security updates, but also functionality improvements mainly in the way dokuwiki treats plugins (division between admin/helper/action/syntax/renderer plugins). A changelog can be found here
- being the latest stable dokuwiki release, xoops users can now use almost all recent dokuwiki plugins
- these additional plugins are in the xoops module: box, discussion, feed, include, indexmenu, linebreak, note, pagelist, pagemove and tag. More info
- I have added a xoops_pagetitle hack to make the wiki more attractive to search engines
- I have fixed a small 2.02 bug thanks to user peekay on xoops.org. The bug prevented viewing images as an anonymous site visitor
Can I add discussion to the wiki ?
Discussion is now a dokuwiki plugin. You can enable site-wide discussion in lib/plugins/discussion/conf/default.php or you can add per-page discussion manually like this: ~~DISCUSSION~~ More info
Where is the spellchecker ?
Spell checking has greatly improved in the latest dokuwiki release. You can follow these guidelines to activate.
I can't see the quickbuttons in the editor ?
It shouldn't be too difficult to upgrade to dokuwiki 2.10. Users that upgrade should just ignore the 'uploads' folder in the zip-archive. Before uploading the 'dokuwiki' folder in 'modules', they have to change two lines in conf/local.php: $conf['metadir'] = $conf['savedir'].'/meta/'; //edit jayjay: avoid clutter! becomes $conf['metadir'] = $conf['savedir']; and $conf['lockdir'] = $conf['savedir'].'/locks/'; //edit jayjay: avoid clutter! becomes $conf['lockdir'] = $conf['savedir'];
People that used the old 'discussion' hack in 'dokuwiki for xoops 2.02' should be able to convert it to the new discussion plugin