cadelite
Change title for SmartSection (as well as Liaise, if possible)
  • 2008/12/3 2:33

• cadelite

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/1/15

My web site uses XOOPS 2.3.2a and SmartSection 2.14. I created some categories and articles. When I browsed the page, I found that the title of the page changed from [greeting words] - [site name] to [article name] - [category name] - SmartSection : [site name].

How can I restore the title to [greeting words] - [site name] for each page (I do not want to disclose the name of article, category and the module in the title of the page).

P.S. I also found that Liaise 1.27 also had this change but no preference setting available for user to restore the title for both Liaise and SmartSection.

Thank you very much!!

cadelite
Re: Change title for SmartSection (as well as Liaise, if possible)
  • 2008/12/3 4:45

• cadelite

• Just popping in

Should I alter my XOOPS config, instead of modules?

Pleas help!!

Thanks a lot!

ghia
  • 2008/12/3 11:11

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
(I do not want to disclose the name of article, category and the module in the title of the page).
Why do you want that? Mostttimes people want more titles for their SEO, not less.
AFAIK, you have to alter the php code for Liaise and SmartSection to disable their title.

cadelite
  • 2008/12/4 5:40

• cadelite

• Just popping in

Hi, ghia!

Thank you for your reply and your help in previous posts.

Since my website is a commercial corporate site, I want to keep the title as [greeting words] - [site name] (actually the greeting words already contain lots of keywords for SEO purpose). At least, I would not like to disclose "module name" to viewers of the site.

For Liaise, I may save the time and not to alter the PHP code of it because it only shows "form name" and does not show the module name.

However, for SmartSection, although I turn off the option "showing module name" in breadcrumb, it still show the module name in page title. That's really frustrating for a commercial site. I did not know whether it is the cause of SmartSection itself, XOOPS or my Simplified_URL module.

Thank you for your advice and help. It is good that the forum did provide many information and help for XOOPS users.

P.S. I already use Simplified_URL 1.51 to increase SEO for my website. Hope this would help increase its traffic and exposure.

Thanks a lot!

cadelite
  • 2008/12/4 5:44

• cadelite

• Just popping in

By the way, the showing of

[article] - [category] - SmartSection: [site name]

does overwrite my [greeting words] - [site name] and makes the keywords for SEO contained in [greeting words] useless as the greeting words are NOT shown on the page title.

Login

Who's Online

263 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 263

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits